PS2's are on!!!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First thing's first:
Thank You Tators Dodge (Viper Wizard) and Jon B (PartsRack) for top shelf service and professionalism.
First impressions during 1 1/2 hr. drive home from Tators Dodge:

TDS dramatically reduced; ( Jon B will chime in and explain) :2tu:

Steering feels much lighter. If it was a 10 with runflats, I would say a 5 with PS2's.

Road noise reduced. If it was a 10 with runflats, I would say it is now a 5 with PS2's.

Much softer feel over bumps. If it was a 10 with runflats, I would say a 4/5 with PS2's.

Significant decrease in wheel hop when leaving hard in first gear. If it was a 10 with runflats, I would say a 4 with PS2's.

I also noticed that the wheel weight's that were on the rims from the factory (which were many) are either not there on some rims to maybe 4 on another rim. I don't know how much lighter the PS2's are than the runflats, but I'll guess maybe 5 lbs lighter per tire. Any bit of weight loss helps.

Keep in mind that the weather today is 32 degrees outside so I wasn't trying to drive too spirited and did not try any abrupt lane changing or fast cornering. Overall, I am very pleased with the result's so far. :headbang::drive:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm almost finished wearing down my runflats. I can't wait to put some
PS2's on the car. It sounds like they are a blast. Who did you order them from, if you don't mind my asking?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 300 mile VOI9. And always wondered about all the fuss surrounding Runflats.. After my first drive that consisted of about 2 miles. I found out.. VERY harsh, very "bouncy",very loud.. I am thinking of switching them out as well... But hate to take off tires, from a brand new car. I have a feeling once the weather breaks. I will be doing this as well.

MoViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 300 mile VOI9. And always wondered about all the fuss surrounding Runflats.. After my first drive that consisted of about 2 miles. I found out.. VERY harsh, very "bouncy",very loud.. I am thinking of switching them out as well... But hate to take off tires, from a brand new car. I have a feeling once the weather breaks. I will be doing this as well.

If the run flats are so horrible....I will send you my address and you can send them my way. Either way you look at it, it is rubber to burn.

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what would u rate lindsay lohan on a 1-10 scale
:lmao::rolaugh::lmao:
I knew I would get some kind of response to that rating, but I figured it was the easiest way to explain although it is very subjective
To answer your question about LL;:think:: I would rate her a 1.

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm almost finished wearing down my runflats. I can't wait to put some
PS2's on the car. It sounds like they are a blast. Who did you order them from, if you don't mind my asking?
Who else but: JON B from PARTSRACK! :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any definitive info on the weight of PS2s?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the run flats are so horrible....I will send you my address and you can send them my way. Either way you look at it, it is rubber to burn.

Na, no burning rubber. I here.. I'll probably live with them for now. Since this car wont see many miles.. But I definately see what everyone is talking about. After driving the car..

MoViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, no burning rubber. I here.. I'll probably live with them for now. Since this car wont see many miles.. But I definately see what everyone is talking about. After driving the car..

I would agree, but you will need a new set in a year anyway.

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just checked the specs between the runflats and PS2's and the total weight saved is 24 lbs. :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just checked the specs between the runflats and PS2's and the total weight saved is 24 lbs.

And if you swap to Copperhead-08 ACR wheels as RCL46 did, you save ANOTHER 34 lbs.

This is so much 'kinder and gentler' to your shocks, springs, steering rack and pump, that its like running a marathon in Nike Airs vs Combat Boots

Everthing feels more 'nimble' and responsive as Voi-9 saw, and Pete will also see. As VOI say, TDS is vastly imprived (That Darty S***) Thanks to BOTH of yoo for your tire and wheel orders, sent with confidence to TATOR DODGE. (And RCL, sent to TLD).

Once you start tossing the car into some corners, the handing bonus is more evident. We have many customers report 2-second faster laps on short tracks vs runflats, and one guys claims SIX SECONDS faster at Sebring, a long-course venue, just due to PS2 vs Runflat.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIRE AND WHEEL BIZ. We do take trade-ins of low-mile runflats for our 're-builder' customers, and we take wheel trades, too!

OP
OP
V

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TDS ( That Darty Sh--) is greatly improved.
I am told this is what Team Viper refers to as the way the car pulls and follows every rut in the road.
I was constantly fighting the wheel on certain roads to keep it in the lane. It would pull to the left and right on uneven roads and I wouldn't dare take two hands off the wheel.
This is dramatically decreased with the PS2's. :drive::headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte