Pulled the trigger on '02 GTS FE! Yeah baby!

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I pulled the plug on the '02 Metallic Gray GTS with stripes that I posted pics on and pulled the trigger on an amazing '02 GTS FE with only 380 miles on it. The car's owner is well known to all of you in the Chicagoland area, Bill Sampognaro and still has the original plastic on the seats and floors! This is the car that I wanted all along and after fumbling around with a few other sellers and not really finding what I was looking for, i.e., a completely stock from the factory car with low miles, I was led to Bill thru Jon@Partsrack (who is just a phenomenal individual and a new friend). This car is just everything that dreams are made of and I am so excited and can't hardly stop smiling:)
I also want to thank RudeDawg for his help in finding my car as well. He's a great new friend as well.
I am having the car transported by Gary Almond, who is really the best in the business.
Upon receiving my car, I will be joining the VCA. Again, I would like to thank all of you who have contributed an education worth of input in my search for the GTS of my dreams! I am just so impressed with this VCA community! You guys are just awesome!

Robert (Treviso)

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads on the new purchase!!! Wonderful looking car. You should see if roanoke will replace or at least put new tires on for you. Probably still has the originals on it. Good luck with her. :2tu::2tu:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as good as your pics look, the fe's look soooooo much better in person :omg:

plan on multiple trips into you garage, just for another peek, for the next few months

congrats

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow 380 miles! that is a new car...you better get some new tires on it or you will spin out.
Congrats. :beer:

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all who have been so encouraging throughout my search for my dream. I know that I will be making multiple trips to the garage to look at her. I just love the look of the car and even though I was entertaining other color combos, I kept coming back to the FE red with white stripes. It just grabbed my eye.
I can't wait to get to know the ins and outs of this car the way all of you know your cars. The passion I have heard/read throughout this forum regarding all things Viper has been truly amazing and I haven't ever been a part of something this fun and obviously this COOL! :). I know that when I finally pop the hood and look at that gorgeous V10 engine, it will be reminiscent of the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when the guy opens up the Holy Grail and it reveals that golden hue and then...My face is going to melt off and my head will explode:omg:
I will definitely be purchasing four new Michelin PS2s. The car has been in a temperature/humidity controlled environment at 75 degrees since new, but I still want to replace them. I should have the car by the end of the month. I will be sure to take some new pics at that time. I just can't wait...
I do have a few questions about what kind of cleaning and waxing products work best on this car? What do you prefer to use?
Also, I always use Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil...do Vipers ship from the factory with Mobil 1? What weight oil to you recommend?

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so cool to own new-old stuff!! Way to go on this purchase! (nice car obviously!)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Treviso, your Viper's factory fill was Mobil 1 10W-30...which should be on the oil fill cap. Many have switched to Mobil 1 0W-40...while for heavy duty and or track use, many use Mobil 1 15W-50 or a diesel grade. There a bunch of other folks who go different directions for an unlimited number of reasons. Bill can tell you what oil is in it now.

Congrats on a great car from a great great source!!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what a find. Congrats. Enjoy it. My 01 GTS only had 985 miles on it when I found it a few years ago. Just turned 2000. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Troy, Michigan which is a suburb of Detroit. We are having an early spring with really good weather this year and I simply can't wait to drive this car. I have been all over the Final Edition Registry website trying to gather as much information as possible regarding this special car. :D
Thanks to all of you for your great comments!

Robert

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it kind of bizarre that it is still fairly easy to buy a virtually new 2002 Viper ? Its great that there are people out there willing to invest in these cars in order to save them for others that will truly use them and didn't have the means or inclination to buy them when they were new in the showroom.

It sounds like you will certainly take advantage of that. As others say, please take it to a Viper Days or similar event and get it on the track. Not necessarily for the learning experience; but, just for the opportunity to drive the car like it was designed for, in a safe and legal environment.

V

Venomiss

Congratulation on the very nice Viper!

Since you are in Troy hopefully you have already seen this website for vipers in your area with many events scheduled.

MCVO Home

There is a CAAP tour happening on the 23rd for VCA Motor City members -don't know if they are full or not but that would be a tour you might want to get in on.;)

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper world. Go here to sign up online. VIPER MAGAZINE Of course select MCVO as your local club and let me know. I will put you on our E-mail list and you will be all set to enjoy the car and MCVO members that share the same passion. We have a full summer schedule as you can see from our website. MCVO Home

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I live in Troy, Michigan which is a suburb of Detroit. We are having an early spring with really good weather this year and I simply can't wait to drive this car. I have been all over the Final Edition Registry website trying to gather as much information as possible regarding this special car. :D
Thanks to all of you for your great comments! Robert

rOB, Glad that I could play a role in the process, and thank you for the kind words. I have to suggest that you could easily pick the car up from Bill in CHI and have it back home in DTW that afternoon! [Of course the mileage would more than double........ but it would still not be broken in!]

I have picked up three vehicles in Detroit/CAAP and took them 2800 miles in 3 days...

congrats.....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
JonB raises a good point...BREAK-IN.

Suggest you read the revised, published procedure (per Herb Helbig) for the 2000-2002 Vipers...found on page 36 of the Spring 2000 issue of Viper Mag (by my recollection). Or, try this link:

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/627609-gts-break-procedure.html#post2719898

Just a thought...I'm sure you will find different opinions...none of which, in my opinion, are as applicable as the referenced one that came officially from the Team that built YOUR car!! You decide!! :)

Again, CONGRATS!!!

OP
OP
T

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the break-in period. I will be sure to read it and follow the directions to the letter. I wish I had the time to go pick up the car, but I just can't spare the time. It's killing me, but I am just too swamped at the moment. It might just prove to be the longest 10 day period of recent memory!
JonB (PartsRack), I can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy day for me. Please, the next time you are in Michigan, you must come over for dinner. My wife is a seriously amazing cook.
Also, I want to continue to thank all of you for your contributions to this thread. Please, keep them coming:)
Robert

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the break-in period. I will be sure to read it and follow the directions to the letter. I wish I had the time to go pick up the car, but I just can't spare the time. It's killing me, but I am just too swamped at the moment. It might just prove to be the longest 10 day period of recent memory!
JonB (PartsRack), I can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy day for me. Please, the next time you are in Michigan, you must come over for dinner. My wife is a seriously amazing cook.
Also, I want to continue to thank all of you for your contributions to this thread. Please, keep them coming:)
Robert

JonB is the man...!!! No doubt about it. That is an awesome piece you have there..

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. I have been looking at that car on Roanoke's E-bay listing for the last few months and was wondering who the lucky guy was going to be with that in his garage! Enjoy that thing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth