Putting feelers out there...

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm playing with the idea of selling my 1993 RT/10. I originally wanted a GTS when I bought 2 years ago but couldn't afford it, but given the current market climate I can do it now. I wanted to keep my car and get a GTS in addition to it, but think I could deal with only having the GTS.

Here are the details:
1993 Dodge Viper RT/10
Factory AC
75k miles (as of Saturday)

Interior/Stereo:
Clarion VRX575USB
Polk/Momo Marine-Rated Speakers (MMC650 & MMC6500)
Boss CH800 800W Amplifier
MGW First Strike Shift Knob, Ashtray and Lighter
Interior completely redone in black
TeamTech 6 Point Harness
Roe Fire Extinguisher

Exterior:
2002 Wheels
Chrome Emblems
Autoform Top/Windows
HIDs for Highs/Lows/Fogs

Performance:
Pulstar Spark Plugs
MSD Plug Wires
K&N Filters
Roe Racing Smooth Tubes
Magnaflow Mufflers
Roe Powersteering Cap
New Serpentine Belt
Skip Shift Eliminator
708 Cam
B&M 45055 Shifter
Ported Heads
Comp Cams Chrome Moly Pushrods
New Lifters
Transmission Rebuild
Radiator Rebuild
Isky 1.7 Rollerrockers
New OEM Clutch
New OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder
TNT Headers
VEC3
New Water Pump
Gen. II Intake Manifold/Injectors

New Gaskets:
Head Gaskets
Intake Manifold Gasket
Oil Filter Adapter Gasket
Thermostat Housing Gasket
Timing Chain Cover Gasket
Water Jacket Gaskets
Front Crank Seal Gasket
Oil Pan Gasket
Valve Cover Gasket

There's some other small stuff not worth mentioning on there. All of the motor work was done in March (2k-3k miles ago). The car put down 460HP and 500TQ on a conservative tune. When I tallied up the costs, I've put a little less than $17k into the car in the last 2 years, and that doesn't include maintenance (tires, fluid changes, etc.) or labor, as I did most of the work myself.

The kicker; Carfax will show the car has had frame damage from an accident prior to my purchase. It was repaired properly and doesn't have a salvage title and the car is solid. Even with that on there to tarnish the record, I think given the mods and how clean the car is $28k would be a good asking price. There are other cars out there with less miles and no stories for the upper 20s, so I think what I'm asking is fair.

Thoughts? Like I said, I don't expect to recoup any costs of the mods...I'll chalk those up to a price I pay for my addiction. Is $28k fair-ish?

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The classified ad should be up shortly and I'll post the link. My previous thread got killed for not having it...oops.

Also of note; the engine was rebuilt at some point. When we had the motor open for the heads/cam we noticed the pistons were aftermarket, but never busted out the bore scope to see what they were. The clock reads 75k but it has less than that on there; I'm just not sure how many less.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few pics to supplement the classified listing:

Pics from the classified listing from when I bought it:

You must be registered for see images

The Autoform top:

Shots from a few photoshoots:

A friend's Fikse wheels that you can buy with the car for a little extra green:

ACR2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my 94'RT up for the same reasons you are. I just picked up a GTS/ACR. I had the 94' on this site and no bites at all. I have had it on autotrader for a little while and no phones calls either. I think I am stuck with both for a little while, not a bad thing.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are you looking for in a GTS?

It's another 'beggars can't be choosers' type of deal. I wanted a Viper but couldn't afford a GTS so I got an RT. I wanted yellow but I had to have something in my price range, so red was it. So in an ideal world:

• yellow/black GTS or a 1999 (for interior amenities and some subtle differences)
• would prefer not to have red again, but if the deal is right I'll get it and stripe it to set it apart from the sea of cars in that color
• less than 50k miles
• around $30k-ish, depending on what I get for my car

If I can get what I want for my car and have to wait till winter for some deals to start popping up, so be it. Last week when I searched I found 4 cars for under $31k in my quick n' dirty search.

As far as being a bad time to sell, yes and no. Frog's old 1994 with 75k miles just sold for $30k last week, and since December has sold 2 other times locally. There are people that are affected by the recession and some that aren't, and I figured there are some of us out there that wouldn't mind expanding the stable, and this isn't a bad addition if you already have a GTS or SRT. Excellent for the track if you want to keep your newer car purdy, and this one shines up quite nicely as well.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Jason, car looks great! I hope you have more luck than I. I am trying to do the exact same thing, move to a GTS. Some great deals out there right now, but I have to sell my Roe/Heads/Cam 94 first.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck Jason, car looks great! I hope you have more luck than I. I am trying to do the exact same thing, move to a GTS. Some great deals out there right now, but I have to sell my Roe/Heads/Cam 94 first.

I appreciate the well-wishing, and the same to you, Marty! I'm not going to be upset if no one wants my car...it just means I have to wait a little longer and get TWO ;)

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car has come a long way since you first got it and sounds bad ass! My old 94' had some minor frame damage too but it was fixed without any problems. Never had an issue with my car being in the 70K+mile range and I drove that car hard. Don't forget, Auto Trader is your friend for selling your car (use the "run ad till it sells" option) and you can always edit the price as you see fit. I also posted up ads on many other car boards too... you can never have too many ads out there.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't intend on listing it today, but I had to to start this thread. Since it's out there I may. I just wanted to list it here first so if anyone here wants it, I know it's not some ******* kid coming to my house for a joy ride.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booo ill never sell my Early 93 :)

I think the GTS looks better... but lets get real here... ******* is everything.

Its not a true sports car unless the top can come off :) Those perfect sunny days with the top off... wouldnt trade that for anything

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man...sorry to see it go after all that work you and others put into it...but ultimately we all know you wanted a GTS...go with what makes you happy! :)

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see this car running around once in a while. LOVE it. Price seems spot on too. Getting a Viper with this much upgrade work done for in the $20K's is a great deal no matter how you slice it.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see this car running around once in a while. LOVE it. Price seems spot on too. Getting a Viper with this much upgrade work done for in the $20K's is a great deal no matter how you slice it.

Thanks, Justin...

That's what I was thinking as well... :drive:

...and thanks, Frog! Anything someone would want to do initially is taken care of, and the motor is fresh. All that's missing is a Roe or a 150 shot.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a video of the exhaust sound of my car:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPxHYQG56cw&feature=channel_page[/media]

I forgot to mention I have the soft top and windows too. I took some more pics with the Fikses I'll throw up in a while.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alrighty, I've found the GTS I want. I'll post here first, then the Alley, Cars.com and Autotrader tonight, but I'm lowering it to $26k for my car. Any interested parties can PM me, email me at [email protected] or call me at 512-415-6450.

OzeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your car is now my wallpaper! wish you were selling this around uh...next christmas, would love it

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys...someone please buy this car...before he converts into a GTS and we are all busy for the next year or so ;)

Seriously though folks, Jason and others have put alot of effort into this car...for the price you won't be sorry!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh