PVC Valve for 96 RT10

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PCV Valve for 96 RT10

Hi all,
My 96 RT10 has 15K on it so I am flushing ALL the fluids and replacing the sparks plugs, etc. Everything was going fine until I found out that dodge seems to have discontinued the PCV valve for my engine. Can anyone confirm this is true. I was told by the local dealer that it has been replaced by a screw-in type that requires replacing the valve cover. :dunno: The part number on the valve is 3671076. If it has been replaced is there a work-around that avoids replacing the valve cover?

Here is a pic of my PCV valve, can you still get these?

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PCV valve...

PVC = poly vinyl chloride

PCV = postive crankcase ventilation

Last edited by dave6666; Today at 11:45 AM. Reason: grammar correction mania

:D

That would be "pos i tive" crankcase ventilation... or does your ventilation come "post" the crankcase?

Sean, look for a PCV valve from 1990-2000 Dodge V-8s (probably bigger grouping than even this). I had a 92 van with a 318 and the PCV valve looked the same.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get to work on the adapter...

You must be registered for see images attach

Really though, have you tried Tator's Dodge or Parts Rack or Viper Specialty or...?

OP
OP
S

Sean 96 McViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get to work on the adapter...

Really though, have you tried Tator's Dodge or Parts Rack or Viper Specialty or...?

Called Chuck Tator for help... turns out my local Chrysler dealer had two mislabeled PCV valves in stock. I stop by another dealer today asked for the same part number (5175351AA) and got the right part. :2tu:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you found one. They are the Mopar high flow valves. Chrysler actually have several that look the same but are not high flow; you want the high flow one. 05175351AA replaced the original number which I can't remember. My local dealer originally thought that 05175351AE was the correct valve but it is off a minivan and looks nothing like the other one. So always pay attention to the suffix on the part number. The AA part is also used on Paxton SC kits on Gen 3s.