Question about Mopar PCM / 3 inch Race exhaust

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking about running the 3 inch catless Mopar exhaust and their race PCM. They say with these and their camshaft you can pickup 44 hp and 48 lbs.ft. Anyone tried these two without the camshaft in an '06? I am not interested in changing cams right now.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be VERY LOUD. Not sure if the PCM would be much help without a camshaft to go along with it. Best to go with headers/hi-flow cats and exhaust and get an idea of the sound first.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am thinking about running the 3 inch catless Mopar exhaust and their race PCM. They say with these and their camshaft you can pickup 44 hp and 48 lbs.ft. Anyone tried these two without the camshaft in an '06? I am not interested in changing cams right now.

The year matters........Who is "they" ........... The PCM is for the Gen 4 Motor !

And as stated, the race exhaust is ratty-loud;
As stated, DC-Perf Reprogram is the way to go, but YOU WONT GET +44HP more like +25

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the whole package in my 04 including camshaft and the extra kick in the pants over stock is awesome. I can't speak to the exact Horsepower or torque numbers as I have never had it on the dyno but I can speak to the loud part. It has the meanest Viper sound I have heard yet and at WOT it sounds like your at Daytona!! I love it

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your talking about the Mopar (kit) for the 03-06. Cam, Mopar race engine controller and 3" exhaust. I did this except the cam. The REC change takes 10 mins, the exhaust 3-4 hours. You remove the cats and run the 3" right out the side!! Save 30 pounds. Nice looking tips on the exhaust. It does sound loud and deep. But sound is very subjective.
Who is they? They are the mopar catalog page 168 and they do say you pick up 44hp/48tq..I don't have before and after dynos but I'd guess 25-30hp.

OP
OP
M

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The year matters........Who is "they" ........... The PCM is for the Gen 4 Motor !

And as stated, the race exhaust is ratty-loud;
As stated, DC-Perf Reprogram is the way to go, but YOU WONT GET +44HP more like +25

They is Mopar Performance and the PCM is for an '03-'06.

OP
OP
M

mopower

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your talking about the Mopar (kit) for the 03-06. Cam, Mopar race engine controller and 3" exhaust. I did this except the cam. The REC change takes 10 mins, the exhaust 3-4 hours. You remove the cats and run the 3" right out the side!! Save 30 pounds. Nice looking tips on the exhaust. It does sound loud and deep. But sound is very subjective.
Who is they? They are the mopar catalog page 168 and they do say you pick up 44hp/48tq..I don't have before and after dynos but I'd guess 25-30hp.

Thanks for the response. Did you have fitment problems with the exhaust like hangers and tips or did it go right on with no problems?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R