Question for all you viper tech guys about a Roe SC

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im taking off my roe supercharger and where the SC sits on the Roe plate that attaches to the manifold, how do you take the SC off the plate. We used gasket maker when installing it and now its stuck, whats the easiest way or what tricks do you guys use. Thanks alot

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swat,
I would remove the studs where the blower sits on the intake first. You may be able to move the blower from side to side to get the silicone to loosen up. Don't forget about the bolts under the back of the blower. I would be afraid to pull on the blower snout too hard, but you may have to. Call Sean and talk to him or Dave for any suggestions...I am sure they have had to pull them off before. Oh, and by the way, be very careful....I have to install that when you get it off.
Talk to you later,
Joe

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start at the front of the intake. Use a small tipped screwdriver and tap it between the blower plate and intake....maybe do this on both sides of the front....after you get the small screwdrivers started, go to a little larger screwdriver right beside the smaller one. Just work your way up and when you get a sturdy screwdriver in then pry a little. It doesn't give easy and may leave a small indentation but that will not cause problems the on the next go around. Make sure the front and rear center plate bolts are out.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no side to side at all, the plate fits almost perfect, I tried manual labor on it a little but do think its moving, a I know I dont want to pull on the shaft. I considered the screw driver method, will do it as last resort. I know it wont hurt it but would leave a small indentation like you said, I would already have this off if it wasnt for the gasket sealer. I just email sean and ill find out how they do it I hope. thanks

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did the 'animal' method; I carefully placed a plank of wood on the valve cover (air tubes, fuel rail etc removed) then a cloth folded over against the blower housing and levered the blower up off between the wood / cloth protecting, with a huge flat ended ply bar. I loosened the rear end first. Be sure to get all those rear bolts, one hides right at the blower rear!

(I removed mine to fit water injection jets into the air tubes, and get the tubes powder coated red, matching the valve covers which look way cool).

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after looking at it for a while, I noticed two threaded holes that were never used, I assumed they use for removable. I was right, I just took two screws and threaded them in, they pushed the front of the manifold off and I was able to take the back off. Sean really thought of everything, I was cussing his name there for a bit:)

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are towards the front of the SC, you have to have the fuel rails off to see them. They let you remove the SC without using anything that would mark up the SC

NVViperTech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent an Email to Roeracing and this is the reply as to your issue. Even though you already removed it. Future reference for others who want to remove their's in the future.

"If you have a kit newer than February, there should be two threaded 1/4"-20 bolt holes near the front of the top plate. We put them there so you could use the top plate bolts to "jack" the plate up once all the bolts were removed. If it is an earlier top plate, you must use a very thin gasket scraper to wedge between the top plate and manifold at the front, then lift.
Regards,
Sean"