Question on wheels.

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize but these are some nub questions I had.

I have the eibach lowering springs on my gen II. I wanted to know if anyone is running 19s or 20s with the lowering springs on their car? Could I go to 20s with the lowering springs? Has anyone tried?

What is the effect of increasing wheel size?

I always assumed it would increase the overall height of the car by 1/2 of the increase in size i.e. if you go from 18 to 19 the car would ride 1/2" higher.

Do I need to do any recalibrating of the speedo or a wheel alignment?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you install the Eibach springs, or did you take it somewhere to get done. I am taking on this task in the next week or two and want to know how tough of a job it is, and if there is anything I really need to consider when doing it.

Thanks

:usa:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you install the Eibach springs, or did you take it somewhere to get done. I am taking on this task in the next week or two and want to know how tough of a job it is, and if there is anything I really need to consider when doing it.

Thanks

:usa:

It's not bad. I did it in my garage. The biggest PITA is lining up the rear bolts when putting the spring/shock back in. I took mine down the street to the local tire place to have the springs swapped out on their compressor. They chraged me $10 each and I did all the rest.

OP
OP
S

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you retain the original rolling diameter of the OEM rim/tire combo you should not need to recalibrate your speedo. This is the so-called "plus-sizing" concept:

Tire Tech Information - Speedometer Accuracy

Tire Tech Information - The Plus Concept

Hope this helps.

/Rich

Thanks for the info. That helps on most of my questions.

One of the big concerns I have is rubbing. I don't want the tires to hit the wheel well.

Rub,

The previous owner had put the lowering springs on. Sorry I couldn't help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960