Quite a few Vipers at SEMA

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess twin turbocharging the Viper is the cool thing to do now, as there were a few vendors on display with TT kits for the Viper. KW had an ACR at their booth, and they are working on a kit that will raise and lower the front of the car hydraulicly from inside the car with a switch, so the ACR can go over speedbumps etc without worrying about the front splitter. I saw it in action, it's pretty cool.

You can see pictures here:

motivemagazine.com

- Anthony

V

Venomiss

Incredible pictures from quite a few days!!!!

From the looks of it you had a good time.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I was there talking with vendors the whole time, so I didn't get to have much fun!

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess twin turbocharging the Viper is the cool thing to do now, as there were a few vendors on display with TT kits for the Viper. KW had an ACR at their booth, and they are working on a kit that will raise and lower the front of the car hydraulicly from inside the car with a switch, so the ACR can go over speedbumps etc without worrying about the front splitter. I saw it in action, it's pretty cool.

You can see pictures here:

motivemag.com motivemagazine.com car magazine car reviews first drive automotive discussion forums car photo galleries car wallpapers exotic cars super cars

- Anthony

That was my ACR. I gave them permission to install the system. It's still on the car, and the car is back at my house. They will take the system off next week. It's pretty cool though. I just sit there pressing the button. :D

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was my ACR. I gave them permission to install the system. It's still on the car, and the car is back at my house. They will take the system off next week. It's pretty cool though. I just sit there pressing the button. :D
Cool. Any idea on the price or weight of the system?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTES:

- Ford should use this SEMA show as a major part of their ad campaign for the Flex.
- G6 on a pedestal? Spare me the metaphor. It's not working.
- The S5 looks like a fun daily driver.
- Ratrods = awesome.
- Who here doesn't want to go screw around with a rock crawler? Liar. LOL
- That Rockstar Scion is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've seen in my life.
- What's with the rack on the back of the Smart? Is that for the *other* 12-pack?
- Boat trailer with dubs = FAIL.
- The "EarthRoamer XV-JP" is pretty slick. Needs paint...
- Was that a head-on shot of Burt Munro's ride?
- The engine in the blown yellow Nova could be used in surgery it's so clean.
- That silver...ummmm....Corvette(?) looks like it was the meat in a Viper-GTR 3-way in Cancun over spring break.
- Blown Rolls-Royce = EPIC WIN.
- H.R. Giger'ing your car is dumb.
- Buick V-6 valve covers are WIN as well. Don't care what they're made of.
- Dear Alpine, Stop putting LSD in the water cooler at the offices. Thanks, Customers.
- Carroll Shelby = WIN (literally...heh heh)
- If you're going to do more than (1) mini-NACA duct on a hood, you are required by law to do the entire hood out of mini-NACA ducts.
- Chopper drag trikes are WI....wait....FAI.....no....hold on.....I'm not quite sure what they are.
- If you're going to do louvers on top of your fenders, know when to stop.
- Shaker hoods = awesome, but the fake fender vents drop that awesome purple Challenger down to a LeSabre.
- Black Gen1 Camaro ProTouring is NICE.
- Mercedes-Benz vehicles are not exempt to the NACA duct rule above.
- Need to pause here while I do a little fapping over the Gen2 Camaro at the Meguiar's booth (dream car from when I was a pre-teen).
INTERMISSION
- The JetCar is an automatic?!??!? Weak.
- Micro Ferrai V-12's are cool, but only if they fire up! LOL
- The #30 Mustang pro-touring ride = WINNER, big time. And I'm not even a fan of red.
- That Mosler looks like a track full of smiles.
- Pro-Touring silver/black Challenger GS/R.....very nice!!!!
- Good thing the OCC guys were at a CAR show.
- Oh! It looks like they *did* actually get ONE SuperSnake built!
- I like the T-rex trike thing with the Veyron front grille. Nice try, fellas.

I'll work on Day 2 and Day 3 comments tomorrow.
Gotta go work on the truck. :)

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool. Any idea on the price or weight of the system?

I was told it would be around $4K just for the front. Not sure about the weight. The one on the car is a prototype. It works just like the suspension on the newer Mercedes. They are also coming out with a retrofit for the stock ACR suspension that makes it a 3 way adjustable.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More pics please!

Is there an air tank for the suspension?

I didn't look. They brought the car back to me at night, so I just parked it in the garage. I'll see if I can take a look under there.