Race headers

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are knock off's AND they are 1 1/2" - 1 5/8" NOT 1 5/8" - 1 3/4". Welds were pretty good, collectors were nicely done, but the flanges were horrible! Could'nt tell ya about fit up.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
his feedback ***** as bad as his product. he took svs out of the listings because of the bad rap he got here and someone here returned them because they are NOT svs headers. he is a fraud.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looked through his feedback. He definitely made twice as much when he sold them as SVS Headers in prior transactions.
He seems like a scammer to me.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, so people paid 1000+ for them and they aren't real SVS headers. I'd be really pissed. If you notice, none of the negative feedback (he only has 1 negative) is for the headers.

It would be interesting to see some dyno results with these headers. I will never pay 1500+ for a set of new quality headers, but if these things aren't total crap, 500 really wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

I sent the guy a bunch of questions, lets see if he replies.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so people paid 1000+ for them and they aren't real SVS headers. I'd be really pissed. If you notice, none of the negative feedback (he only has 1 negative) is for the headers.

It would be interesting to see some dyno results with these headers. I will never pay 1500+ for a set of new quality headers, but if these things aren't total crap, 500 really wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

I sent the guy a bunch of questions, lets see if he replies.

He did refund my money promptly. I've got to tell you that the flanges were really bad, bolt holes did not align properly with gaskets and openings not matching ports correctly. The flanges were worse than a set of Hedman headers. If they were 1 5/8" - 1 3/4", I would have kept them and cut the flanges off and cnc'd my own. They were polished up real nice, but I seriously doubt they are 321 stainless either. I would have never believed that someone would go through the trouble of making Chinese Viper headers, but they did.

If your an excellent Tig welder and have major patience and skills these headers at $500 would be a great buy. I can tell you that the stainless U-bends would cost you way more than that. They did a pretty nice job of copying the Burns collectors as well, last time I checked Burns quoted me about $900 for the pair of collectors when I was going to build my own headers.

Even my real SVS headers required me to cut and re-weld the collectors to get them lined up dead nuts. Not SVS's fault but more of a production tolerance issue. Frame, motor mounts, coupled with the long wing design of the Viper exhaust will make for alignment issues.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have purchased one of these chinese headers for my BMW. Likely the BMW product is more mature. They fit perfectly on my car. The weldings are top quatity. They were very cheap $250 instead of the $1500 for the US ones. So far so good, No cracks.

The major issue with these headers it the poor quality of the stainless steel used. They tend to crack with heat cycles due to fatigue. I will see how long they will last on my BMW.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive emailed this guy back and forth just to see what he would say. I wasn't impressed:

ME
Hi,
I'm tempted to purchase/bid on a set of your headers. I would like to know which brand they are. The rumor mill says they are fake Chinese knockoffs of SVS headers. I honestly don't care as long as they aren't junk. I would be interested in some pictures showing the true measurements of the header pipe diameters (ruler next to piping would suffice). I would also like some better (closer) pictures of the welds/flanges/etc. I've also been told someone tested your headers and they were 1 1/2" - 1 5/8" and not 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4". Would like some clarification and if all is ok, I'd like to bid/purchase a set.

HIM
i know just as much about them as you do! i can promise you that they are not garbage, they are just as good as SVS

***:confused: Nice salesman he is. My reply was basically "if that's all you can give me, no thanks"

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how he adds, "never been on my car..." He's trying to make it sound like he's selling a set that he ordered for his car and never got around to installing. Maybe he bought a few dozen sets, and decided he didn't want to install them. :D

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talked to him through email a little. Apparently he's the same guy who sells that cheap Twin Turbo kit on ebay. He probably has a hookup somewhere that makes this stuff for him for next to nothing and people on ebay are paying close to brand name prices for this guys stuff.

rogerdarabbit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I picked a set up from the ebay guy for $340 delivered. I have not verified whether or not they are 321 ss. I've seen alot of TIG welds and I am more than satisfied with the craftsmanship on these headers. It will be awhile before I get around to installation as I am still debating on what to go with...cats/no cats/mufflers/muffler delete (no emissions here) so I can't make a statement regarding fitment. I picked up a VEC1 but probably will go with an SCT instead. Here's a snapshot of some of the welding on the 5 - 1 merge collector.

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shouldn't matter as they look to be small tube (stock size?) headers and what would be the point of "Racing tiny-tube headers"? Hi ad states thathe "has a set of 1 3/4" headers also. I would expect less than 10hp gain from puny header tubes.

Racing headers could be as large as 2" tubing. 1 3/4" would be a minimium tubing diameter (probably inside measure). All decent headers come with expected increased hp numbers. These headers just seem to be missing collector rings.

Nice design of the collectors, but small tubing is restrictive to high power.

Ted

FRC Z51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point taken. I'm mainly concerned with whether or not these are the same "Chinese knock-offs" that this thread has been bashing.

Back to what you were talking about though, even on a fairly stock engine you would still feel there would be little to no gain with these? Obviously on a FI application it would be pointless, but I plan on staying relatively stock.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If those headers are 1 1/2" then IF there are gains, they would be minimal and I'd guess less than 5hp.

Often people will buy smaller (1 5/8") tubing headers to maintain mid hp levels and torque. Very small gains however as the stocker Gen 2 and newer all have tubing 1 1/2" headers. I have Gen 2 stock headers (on the wall) and 1 3/4" headers on my car. I also have an extra set of Belanger 1 3/4" headers. The only 1 5/8" headers I'd spend money on are the stepped headers that increase to a 1 3/4" tube a half foot or so away from the head flanges (step headers make more torque and hp).

I wouldn't waste my money on these. $1000 will get you a set of 'like new' headers and a little more will get a set of Edelbrocks. You get what you pay for?

Ted