Radar Systems

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, what kind of radar systems are you running? Im looking into trying to get one for the holidays haha, Give me some good ideas!

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are talking about radar detectors I have a valentine one and a ****** 9500ix. The ****** tells you about red light cameras and speed traps and has GPS built in but the valentine is good in its own way. Tons of people have the valentine in high end cars and its probably my favorite of the 2. Although it does have a lot of false alarms.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine 1 has saved my butt quiet a few times...well worth the money

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the ROCKY MOUNTAIN RADAR/LASER SCRAMBLER for years and will never use anything else. It scrambles the radar/laser and has saved me lots of tickets. You can only buy it online and worth every penny. My 2 cents.....:headbang: :eater:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the ROCKY MOUNTAIN RADAR/LASER SCRAMBLER for years and will never use anything else. It scrambles the radar/laser and has saved me lots of tickets. You can only buy it online and worth every penny. My 2 cents.....:headbang: :eater:

Never heard of it, got any links to the product?

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

You should tell Radar Roy at his website that you have one that will jam!!! I think he is offering tens of thousands of dollars to anyone that can show him that a Rocky Mountain Radar unit will work as advertised, and his offer appears to be genuine.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passport SR7 (built in unit) with front and rear laser diffusers. Not cheap to buy or install, but I love it. When I get a car I know I'm going to keep a while, I put one of these in.
For other cars, I still have my old Passport 8500. It may not be the latest tech, but it hasn't failed me.
I tried a V-1 and while the arrows were cool and it had good range, there were just too many falses for me to deal with.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum,

Roy has to be joking. Everyone knows they don't do ****. Hell, I bought one as a stupid kid and had one of the neighborhood security guards shoot me with his radar. He said he had me all the way and it didn't jam anything.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope this is a Joke, these things are worthless. WORTHLESS

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2 Valentine's here! :headbang: Range is awesome but it does throw off a little beep too often. Just makes me more cautious. I will put up with a little false beep now and then in a trade off for the range anyday! Bought my first one probably 10+ years ago???

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the 9500ix for the trip out to the VOI and have used it on trips from the Bay Area to L.A. and Vegas, absolutely the best detector I've ever had...very, very few false alarms and unbelievable Ka range. Just went out with a friend last week for lunch in his car with a V-1 and it falsed in mulitple places that my 9500ix is silent.

But, I kinda screwed up....now Passport has the 9500iq which is a GPS navigation monitor with the 9500ix detector built in. So for about $150.00 more I would have had a GPS, Radar detector and Laser detector all in one package.

Here are the biggest advantages of the 9500iq:

-You can leave it in plain view without too much fear of theft because it looks like a $79.00 GPS.

-If you do get pulled over, the cop is not going to notice a GPS as much as a radar detector if you're trying to talk your way out of a ticket.

-I generally hate the in dash GPS's that come in our cars (Viper is the worst), so having the same unit that can go from car to car and is a radar detector is a huge plus. Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,
George

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a K40 system and it works pretty well. Website is K40.com

Anyone else have a K40 system???

I didn't know they were still in business. They had good built-in systems back in the day, but I haven't seen or heard anything about them in many years.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using them for years and NEVER got a ticket. If the signal is sent within too hundred feet they will get a reading and you will be busted if speeding. That is the ONLY way they can get you. It comes with a year guarantee that if you get a ticket, They will pay you back the money the ticket cost, as long as it is not in a school zone.I have some State Trooper friends that tested mine and could not get s resding on me until I got within that two hundred feet area. It is omnidirectional also.I am 63 yrs old so have been using them since 1983..ticket free. I am just trying to help guys.....if you don't believe me then thats your business, Don't hate me or start a riot to hang me for just offering my help from my own personnal experience....Maybe it was GOD that helped me out of those tickets that I never got.. Good luck with whatever you think is better for you. check for yourself...type rocky mountain radar and it will take you to their sight, They are in Colorado. :dunno: :drive: :headbang:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using them for years and NEVER got a ticket. If the signal is sent within too hundred feet they will get a reading and you will be busted if speeding. That is the ONLY way they can get you. It comes with a year guarantee that if you get a ticket, They will pay you back the money the ticket cost, as long as it is not in a school zone.I have some State Trooper friends that tested mine and could not get s resding on me until I got within that two hundred feet area. It is omnidirectional also.I am 63 yrs old so have been using them since 1983..ticket free. I am just trying to help guys.....if you don't believe me then thats your business, Don't hate me or start a riot to hang me for just offering my help from my own personnal experience....Maybe it was GOD that helped me out of those tickets that I never got.. Good luck with whatever you think is better for you. check for yourself...type rocky mountain radar and it will take you to their sight, They are in Colorado. :dunno: :drive: :headbang:

OP
OP
M

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah after i posted this thread i went to a local audio shop that also does radar installs. K40 just came out with a new system called the RL360 that is so post to be pretty sweet according to the guy i know that works at the audio shop. So i may have to have him install one!

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am using the k-40 calibre unit. I have had it all my cars since 98 and no tickets! I love the remote fob, set it and stow it. I set the LEDs between the dash and the knee bolsters so no drilling plus tailgaters can,t see them.

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VALENTINE 1 FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY Best part is knowing which direction there coming from Arrows Rock!!!!!!!

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Beltronics STi and it works really well. No complaints. My brother runs a V1 in his Z0. Both work really well. The STi throws off a few falses, but not as much as the V1.

We were side by side on the highway last summer, at a decent speed, and both our detectors blew up at the same time. Cant say one was faster than the other in reaction time.

I've used the Invisicord for a while and it's a really clean way to power the unit. I just ordered up two Blendmounts for my cars. I'll post a review once they come in. I have a few mounts from countryjoycrafts.com and the quality is very nice. The clip for the suction cup mount for the Beltronics is pretty weak and flexes, so I'm looking for an alternative. The Blendmounts are pricy, but look like a quality piece.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with my Escot laser jammers, but the Blinders are shupposed to be the best. Let us know.
I still need to get the car out and fly by one of the staionary speed cameras. The real test for the jammer will be to see if I get a ticket or not. It's only a $50 fine and no points, so I figured it would be an interesting experiment to try.

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VALENTINE 1 FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY Best part is knowing which direction there coming from Arrows Rock!!!!!!!

DITTO!!!

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with my Escot laser jammers, but the Blinders are shupposed to be the best. Let us know.
I still need to get the car out and fly by one of the staionary speed cameras. The real test for the jammer will be to see if I get a ticket or not. It's only a $50 fine and no points, so I figured it would be an interesting experiment to try.

****** and Blinders are ok, laserinterceptor is the best. Trust me I have played with all of them.

also look at guysoflidar.com for good info