Raffle ACR-X

What would you do with the ACR-X raffle car if you won it?

• Total voters

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I wanted to post up a poll for the ACR-X raffle car......who would track it, and who would moth ball it? I can't decide what my answer would be, so I decided to get some opinions. I would love to track it, but is it too valuable to track? I would love to moth ball it since it is valuable, but don't believe in moth balling cars. Opinions welcome..... :)

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go for option 3. I don't have the money to keep it as a museum piece, and definitely not enough money to race it. Actually, I would probably trade someone for their streetable ACR.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trac the car- u can have fun and still probably sell it and get your money back in a few years

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Option 5 - just go ahead and street it and act stupid if you get pulled over. The rules around driving a non street legal vehicle on the roads are kind of weird. I get yelled at all the time for driving my tractor, dirtbikes, ATVs, etc., on the road when getting from one place to another, but never got a ticket. They just tell me that I'm not supposed to drive an offroad vehicle on the street and I need to get my A$$ home quick before they get annoyed with me :)

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a VIN for it and drive it
Unfortunately, that's pretty much impossible unless someone out there knows something that I don't know... I suppose if they send it to you in pieces and you have to assemble it yourself you could call it a kit car based on a Viper and get it registered that way, but something tells me that it wouldn't be so easy...

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would want to track it but I would likely sell it and do as others have said - pick up an ACR. And you have to figure covering taxes is going to be over $35k!!!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would they tax you on this one??? I assume there is still as MSRP, but since you never have to register it, it may be a good buy!

I would just throw my 99 GTS plate on it and drive it around. The cop isn't going to know the dif if I get pulled over, and besides that, there would be NO VIN to actually check. I would just say "Its a kit"

OP
OP
H

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I should have worded this differently, whoever ENDS UP with the raffle car ACR-X, what will you do with it? I didn't realize so many would sell it immediately. If someone knows how to modify a poll, I will add "Sell it" as an option.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hou99gts:2995107 said:
I guess I should have worded this differently, whoever ENDS UP with the raffle car ACR-X, what will you do with it?

If I end up with the ACR-X, I will put it up for trade for an 05 copperhead, gen IV ACR, or another limited edition Viper that strikes my fancy.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know! I have run this through my head 1000 times and I still come to the same answer! I DONT KNOW!

One side says it is THE ACTUAL last 4th gen Viper....storage and museum.

Then the other little Demon on my shoulder says a Viper like this should be tracked. Lets go racing! :nana:

Then by the time my brain gets to thinking of me behind the wheel and crap spraying up on it, Little Angel on other shoulder says remember the garage where the car is safe.....

:panic:

I DONT KNOW!!! :crying:

What I DO know is I want to have a hard time with that choice! :)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would they tax you on this one??? I assume there is still as MSRP, but since you never have to register it, it may be a good buy!

I would just throw my 99 GTS plate on it and drive it around. The cop isn't going to know the dif if I get pulled over, and besides that, there would be NO VIN to actually check. I would just say "Its a kit"

Since it's not a street legal vehicle, you could probably get away with not paying sales tax. But there's that income tax thing you'll have to deal with. :mad: Hopefully the winner won't get nailed for the full MSRP since it's technically a used vehicle.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would offer it for sale or trade. For sale to someone who wanted to keep it as a collector. Once sold I would get one that I would take to the track. If I couldn't sell (or trade for another ACR-X) I would take it to the track and drive it. This assumes that I could get another ACR-X that was in equal condition.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for option #4 and create a VIN tag and license it as a "kit car" or "hot rod" and it would be a nice balance to my current Viper. I would also send it to Prefix for a standard "Final Edition" paint job, so that its not only the last of the last, but it matches the other Final Editions sold. I'd also get a wrap that matches its current configuration so that if I wanted to show it how it currently looks, that I could do that quite easily.

I can only imagine driving it in a caravan to the next VOI!! (oh, and if with that ACR-X I couldn't win the autocross segment, I'd have to find a driver among us who could at least ensure the car got the fastest time)

Regards,
Aaron

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being happily married and wishing to stay that way, my wife said we would have to sell it for home renovations, or trips, or jewelry, or clothes or etc. etc:dunno:

gilly6993

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well it does not have to be registered as it isn't street legal....I would track it....I honestly don't think it will be a collectors car....

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would drive it on the track, on my terms just to have fun with it. No formal racing! If a collector approached me either before or after, I would consider selling it for the right price. However I actually would have some fun with it. I always wanted a track car to play around with but no formal racing.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely track it (and maybe drive it around town when know one is looking :) ) I would just need to get a quad cab SRT-10 ram and trailer to tow it to and from the track :)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just talking to someone today about what would be a better car to mothball away, an ACR-X or the Drag Pack Challenger.

Regarding winning the ACR-X, I would use it as a centerpiece in my office, sit in it and grin ear to ear everytime I take a phone call and talk to a client!! I'm 100% serious, I would consider it artwork so I would mothball it.

Even if I could figure out a way to drive the ACR-X on the street, I could never approach the cars potential without killing someone.....it would be like having a super model girlfriend thats locked away in a maximum security prison for killing all her previous boyfriends.

Something this great and beautiful needs to either be on the track or in a museum.

Cheers,
George

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's already been tracked, I wouldn't be the one that stopped driving the car for what it was meant for

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since it's not a street legal vehicle, you could probably get away with not paying sales tax. But there's that income tax thing you'll have to deal with. :mad: Hopefully the winner won't get nailed for the full MSRP since it's technically a used vehicle.

I always wondered what the ASC-Mclaren raffle car did, IRS and sales-tax wise. Paid tax on a used car, and then advertise it for a half-mil or more the next day ?

Without a vin # it would be difficult to INSURE for street driving, a State requirement. Perhaps a Haggerty-type would insure it for street? When the cop says 'registration and insurance please?' the fun begins.

The WRAP on the car makes the car, and proves the hissstory. I dont know who would ever be inclined to remove it for the mixed-primer car below.....might even be inclined to buy a duplicate wrap in the box.....

I do know of a Comp Coupe that was fake-vinned and fake-registered for street, lites added etc..........if he ever had a wreck he could have insurance issues.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes if u ever had a wreck, the po po would have a hay day with u