Raffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where it was done, who did it, who oversaw it, how they got it licensed that quickly and what it ended up costing to get someone to license it in 12th hour after tickets were already sold?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where it was done, who did it, who oversaw it, how they got it licensed that quickly and what it ended up costing to get someone to license it in 12th hour after tickets were already sold?

Seriously, any info on this raffle?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did everyone get their tickets in time? I know just a few days before the raffle several still had not received their tickets.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't done in Washington according to these rules http://www.wsgc.wa.gov/newsletters/5-164.pdf

60 days to get Lic in OR so out.. http://www.doj.state.or.us/charigroup/howtoraffle.shtml

MT is out (nothing across state lines) https://doj.mt.gov/gaming/gambling-licenses-permits/

Can't mess with TX https://www.oag.state.tx.us/alerts/alerts_view_alpha.php?id=58&type=1

43 more states to research .....care to chip in? LOL

So far MI, NE, WA, OR, MT, AZ, TX out

I'm not sure about OH? http://www.ohiogaminglaw.com/permitted/charitable/index.html#raffles

Winner! I bet it went down in AZ?

https://www.azag.gov/consumer/raffles

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/img/consumer/raffles/Statutes.pdf

Who lives in AZ that might register it there?

[update nope not AZ nonprofit must be in state for 5 years]

LOL i will never be in the law biz thats for sure.....

IN is a suspect http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title4/ar32.2/ch4.html

Last edited:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're assuming it was done legally

Based on the lack of information I think it is safer to assume it was not legally registered and held.

Which tells you all you need to know about who is running the club. Because it comes down to either they knowingly held an illegal raffle, or they have so little respect for the membership that they can't communicate how it was held.

If they had pulled a rabbit out of a hat and fixed the raffle in just a few days I think they would have mentioned it. Conversely, if they just drew the tickets without fixing it then I think they would be silent.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did everyone get their tickets in time? I know just a few days before the raffle several still had not received their tickets.

Still haven't received my march/april VCA magazine....I guess wont receive my ticket until december, maybe I'll win right before Christmas:rolaugh:

RT10viperfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this such a big secret? It's really a pretty simple question so why won't any of the VCA officials respond? Has anyone heard from the "winner"?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this such a big secret? It's really a pretty simple question so why won't any of the VCA officials respond? Has anyone heard from the "winner"?

EXACTLY! This is not a tough, behind the scenes work question that they can use the excuse of "work is ongoing" with.
When?
Where?
Who?
How?

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second fatboy 18s post. is the car still at woodhouse? where did the drawing take place? what was the license number?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, no one has questioned this in the past, so why is it such a big deal now? It may have been an "illegal" raffle in years past, but no one said anything because there weren't any other rumblings going to to draw attention to it (anyone have a ticket from every raffle the club has ever done to check for a license number?). Maybe since SRT is it's own entity now and not exactly Chrysler proper they can "donate" the car or something easier than done in the past. Could explain why things are a little different this year. Pretty sure this was probably set up several months ago before a lot of the fallout happened.

Not to mention if you bought a ticket without checking on things first you're already willingly complying with it. Buying a ticket and then complaining that the raffle is illegal is sort of like suing McDonalds that your coffee was hot when you spilled it on you. I'll agree that you shouldn't have to dig through the red tape to find this stuff out yourself before taking part, but legally speaking you're just as culpable since you bought into it without doing your homework.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually several have questioned it. I myself did as well and got the "shut up and color or we will ban thee" I'm sure others did as well, which is why I did not participate in this one. the one last year I did receive a ticket, which had a license number on it. this one doesn't. IE illegal. the stated drawing location on the ticket isn't where it happened. IE illegal. the problem is when asked, most were ignored. oh yes. I also got my tickets for last years drawing long after the tickets were actually drawn....also illegal. this is why I believe it has not been totally legal for years. this year is just that much worse.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In prior years, the raffle license number was clearly communicated in the flyer and on the tickets. It was also administered by the Motor City Viper Owners.

Most states that I have seen, do require printing / disclosing the raffle license number. It's a fair question that never needed to be asked before...

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In prior years, the raffle license number was clearly communicated in the flyer and on the tickets. It was also administered by the Motor City Viper Owners.

Most states that I have seen, do require printing / disclosing the raffle license number. It's a fair question that never needed to be asked before...
Exactly Janni.

RT10viperfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, no one has questioned this in the past, so why is it such a big deal now? It may have been an "illegal" raffle in years past, but no one said anything because there weren't any other rumblings going to to draw attention to it (anyone have a ticket from every raffle the club has ever done to check for a license number?). Maybe since SRT is it's own entity now and not exactly Chrysler proper they can "donate" the car or something easier than done in the past. Could explain why things are a little different this year. Pretty sure this was probably set up several months ago before a lot of the fallout happened.

Not to mention if you bought a ticket without checking on things first you're already willingly complying with it. Buying a ticket and then complaining that the raffle is illegal is sort of like suing McDonalds that your coffee was hot when you spilled it on you. I'll agree that you shouldn't have to dig through the red tape to find this stuff out yourself before taking part, but legally speaking you're just as culpable since you bought into it without doing your homework.

So based on your post, you don't think anyone has a reason to ask these questions? Didn't the ticket say the raffle was going to be held at Woodhouse yet just a few days before the raffle, it was announced the raffle would not be held at Woodhouse and Woodhouse never gave permission for it to be held there. You didn't find that the least bit odd or concerning?

No one is asking anything crazy, just simple questions and the lack of answers just generates that much more suspicion.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get to the bottom of this raffle thing. ( I didn't buy tickets cause red is not my fav color, no offense to those that love it .....just not my color)

If you are truly upset then man/woman UP & do two things.

1. Contact your Credit Card Company .... ask for your money back & investigate because you believe it was illegal.

(Lack of ticket numbers, No location on ticket, It is know that raffle pulled out of NE, Cause you lost, whatever. CCompanys love to look into this stuff.)

I have personally not seen a ticket....

2. Here are the laws for ALL STATES What are the raffle laws of each state? | Raffle FAQ

Google the number! Find out the phone number and call your state office that controls raffles. Let them know you believe it was an illegal raffle... and you are not sure if it happened in your state or not.

If you have bought a ticket it is UP TO YOU to chase this down. I am sure there is one really upset member in all 50 states that WILL MAKE THE CALL.

AND where are the WINNERS? Have they been TOLD not to post?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct me if im wrong but didnt someone post and say they won?

could have sworn I said congrats LOL

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lmfaoooooooooooo someone resurrected the thread and confused me LOL

they happen to do it around the same time as THIS raffle LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.