Random Tech/ a view from the top

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see Random Tech's 3" X pipe and tips from a view you don't normally get to see

10215Picture_002-med.jpg
10215Picture_007-med.jpg

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have their (random) hi flow cat and what header? Let us know the sound of the new "mount", look very good.

Check out this prior thread on the Randomtech X-pipe which has sound clips

Randomtech X-pipe thread

Thanks for the pics, the X-pipe and cats are destined to be on my car soon, but I hope to never have to see that view of my Viper.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds AWESOME :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:
I was waiting to hear something as good for our cars.
Thanks for the link.
Is the system "bolt on" or require some welding?
What would be the best headers to go with that?
Forget the "no mods" attitude, mods are on the way... ;)

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeow!

A man after my own heart!

You're doing some serious pre-spring cleaning up there bubs!

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds excellent, my new to me 2002 RT10 in Yellow is being delivered today to me in Alberta from Ontario. I still have my K&N and smooth tubes from my old 94 RT10 to go into the 2002. As well I have already ordered the new 3 piece roof for it and next step is to get rid of the factory cats to drop the heat in the car and free up a few more ponies.

Maybe this is the way to go?
Has anyone one done any dyno runs with this new system and what increase in power is there?
How is the drone on the hi way at cruising speed?
And how much time and welding is involved in putting in this new system?

Thanks

Tim

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds excellent, my new to me 2002 RT10 in Yellow is being delivered today to me in Alberta from Ontario. I still have my K&N and smooth tubes from my old 94 RT10 to go into the 2002. As well I have already ordered the new 3 piece roof for it and next step is to get rid of the factory cats to drop the heat in the car and free up a few more ponies.

Maybe this is the way to go?
Has anyone one done any dyno runs with this new system and what increase in power is there?
How is the drone on the hi way at cruising speed?
And how much time and welding is involved in putting in this new system?

Thanks

Tim

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim,
I didn’t use headers so I had to weld a reducer to the high flow cats and to the existing exhaust, everything else I used the supplied clamps. I haven’t ran the car yet so I can’t tell you anything about the way it sounds

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is a 3" cat back system and I used there high flow cats as well but it will bolt up to your existing cats with the aid of a reducer. I'm pleased with the build quality the look and sound but I couldn’t tell any performance gains just from the exhaust because I had changed so many things while I had it apart.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this system on my 2001 RT and is sounds incredible. I have it connected to Random Tech high flow cats and TNT headers. It has a deeper rumble than stock and the quality could not be any better. I can not tell you the exact performance gains as I did many other things to the car at the same time. OUTSTANDING system. Call Jon B at Partsrack. His prices are better than direct from Random Tech! You will not be disappointed. Every club meeting I go to people ask what system I have. Not one negative comment, only people wishing they had this rather than borla, etc. Call Jon at Parts Rack, it is his favorite too. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456