RE: ESC, My viper crash pics

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only do I need to "learn to drive", need to learn the ropes on this board. Tried to upload pics in orig thread,, but they didn't show up. Tried to do same in replies, couldnt do it. Trying again now...if you cant see them, go to the "other forum" under SRT10 discussions and open the 2 posts "learned the hard way" by ferrariguy.

RCK

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only do I need to "learn to drive", need to learn the ropes on this board. Tried to upload pics in orig thread,, but they didn't show up. Tried to do same in replies, couldnt do it. Trying again now...if you cant see them, go to the "other forum" under SRT10 discussions and open the 2 posts "learned the hard way" by ferrariguy.

RCK

Think you need to be a VCA member to post photos.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI: they are now blocking the search function for non-members.

Blocking it for non site members may be fine. But, blocking it for non VCA members is bad because folks who want to learn about the car before buying it will either be directed to another site or another car.

Didn't know non VCA members couldn't post pics either.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FerraritoViper, Are you claiming diminished value as well? i.e. the fact that your car will be worth less after the accident even if repaired well. Might show up on Carfax in the future and scare off buyers if you ever go to sell it. You'd have to lower the price. This is an actual loss and can often be claimed from your insurance company. Its a PITA though from what I understand.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another poor decision made by the people who run this place :dunno: I guess they figure this will attract more members :omg:

Don't jump to conclusions when an "enthusiast" posts a "fact."
To the best of my knowledge we have nothing in place that is intended to block the search function for non members. And anyone can post a picture.
We all ARE in assigned groups here and there may be something in the groups function that is preventing a non vca person from searching, but I doubt it.
I'm just always willing to believe that there may be something wrong rather than just assuming everthing is working correctly.
But it's strange that if this is malfunctioning we have never heard the complaint before.
We are particularly sensitve to the fact that newbs come here looking to get information prior to purchase and that the best experience that we can give them will lead to them joining after they purchase.
And you have a PM.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RCK

Sorry to hear about that accident. But sometimes **it does happen, and these cars can get out of hand pretty quick. It's one of the reasons I like mine so much - nothing else scares the cr@p out of me with such regularity (other than the IRS, but that's a different kind of fear).

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody can post photos - the only limit is how many can be hosted (not posted) here. And as Lee surmised, the search function isn't limited in any way, shape, or form and never has been - period. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FerraritoViper, Are you claiming diminished value as well? i.e. the fact that your car will be worth less after the accident even if repaired well. Might show up on Carfax in the future and scare off buyers if you ever go to sell it. You'd have to lower the price. This is an actual loss and can often be claimed from your insurance company. Its a PITA though from what I understand.

No claim. insurance already agreed to cover $53k cove...doing the repair at a first class body shop. I've leased this car, and may or may not buy in back in 3yrs. Don't want to leave a future buyer (maybe one of you guys) with a bunged up problem. My annual insure premium for the Viper is $843 ($1k deduct)...getting my monies worth, but my premium will certainly increase!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go, Roy,

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members