RE: New event added to the 2011 NEVCA Calendar

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone Over the summer people have been asking for an autocross event.:drive: The calendar was already filled.:crazy2: Well I just got notified from Pat Madigan that there was another autocross event for Saturday September 24th.:2tu: We have that date open as well, and it's been a couple of years since we have done an autocross event. The event is held at Fort Devens Air Force base. There is plenty of run off, and the course is like 1.5 miles long. Here is the link to sign up. http://www.trackclubusa.com/devens.html Let me know if you are interested in going. I hope you can Make. Don't forget to checkout the Video below. Shawn made this video 5 years ago. Rick
NEVCA Autocross at Fort Devens

If you want to unleash your viper on a closed course with no other cars (or police!) to worry about then the autocross event we have scheduled for September 24[SUP]th[/SUP] at the retired Fort Deven’s runways in Ayer, MA are for you. The runways make up 1.5 miles of closed off tarmac with cones setup to challenge novice to expert driver’s skills and for you to learn your cars limits by racing against the clock. The below bird’s eye picture illustrates this autocross course that is one of the best around.

Speeds for most cars are between 30-50mph (vipers tend to get a little above that in the straights).
Instructors are on hand to do a drive along with you to help you understand the course and provide tips on navigating the course.
This is a low cost event that has few requirements when

compared to track days. These requirements include:
1. Make sure the battery is securely fastened.
2. Check/ top off brake fluid, engine oil, and coolant.
3. Check for loose wheel bearings/ suspension parts.
4. Check hoses, belts, and excessive fluid leaks.
5. Throttle linkage must move freely.
6. Check tire pressure
7. Remove all loose objects from car.
8. Tires to have 2/32” tread.
9. Check seat belts are securely fastened and not fraying.
10. Snell helmet 2000 or better.
We encourage all Viper owners to attend an autocross event. It’s easy on the car (1 lap done at a time and laps are approx. 1.5 minutes long), has nearly no risk, teaches you so much about how your car responds under load, and is a whole lot of fun to both watch and drive! This is an event that will show you the performance side of your Viper. So come out and see that the Viper does not only look good at car shows but actually performs.Here is a link to a video of the fun to expect at this year’s Autocross events! http://www.neviperclub.org/video/Autox II 2006 NEVCA.wmv

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the signup form, what class are we supposed to sign up for? I don't see just a novice class, or vehicle specific class. There is a corvette class, but there is no way I am selecting that! :nono:

:usa: Nick :usa:

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
If you sign up for the auto-x please let me know. I can ask Tony or Pat to group us all togethor in the same run group. Also if you sign up or are going to sign up,I select the novice group. If you have any questions, I may be able to answer them. Thanks Tim

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE on Auto-x for on Sept. 24th @ Devens. I just heard from Pat that there is still some opening left! He also said, he would group the vipers together if we have atleast 5 vipers that sign up. This is a great oppurtunity to learn and feel the limits of your car in a safe setting. Speed can reach 70-80 in a high powered car.This is one of the Best auto-x crosses courses. It is about 1.5 miles long. It is run on the old military base that uses three runways. There will be two sessions, morning and afternoon. You will get 6-8 runs. Paul lussier is an instructor who has owned and auto-x his Gen 1 viper for over 15yrs. ( paul is very good and fast!)He will give pointers and instruction to all of those who are interested. please let me know if you have registered or would like to. This event is a Blast for car enthusist!:drive: Tim

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait for this event.

I remember being nervous the first time, now I'm just plain excited!

If you haven't done this before, I HIGHLY recommend it. Completely safe and more FUN than... Well you fill in the blank after you've tried it.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like we are going to have atleast 7 vipers attending the Auto-x at Devens on Sept. 24th. There is still room for more, but you MUST sign up ASAP. Just follow the link above in Rick's (YELLOH) post. For those who have never tried it, this Auto-x is a blast! Course is long for an Auto-x. Approx. 11/2 miles. Lots of safe fun, a chanch to let it all hang out and let the Snake unwind!

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, just received an email from Pat. He has only three viper people registerd for the auto-x. They are, Joe Mori, John Rodriguez-Hardy and myself. If you have paid, you need to fill out the registration form as well, or email me, so I may forward the info to Pat. This will insure that all the vipers get grouped togethor and the event will run smoother. For those who have not yet signed up and would like to participate, there is still time to do so. Pat usually does not accept last minuet sign ups at the event unless he has been contacted. Please let me know if you have signed up and are not listed above. Thanks Tim

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
The weather is looking sunny and 70 out this Saturday. Sign up is going well and will sell out so don't wait until the last minute. Rick

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone;
Just heard from Pat who runs the Auto-x. The event is almost sold out. If you want to go to this exciting event, let me know ASAP, and go and register NOW! 6 vipers confirmed. We will have our own run group. :drive:Weather looks good for the event.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I had to back out. Hurt my shoulder while running wires in my car for the subwoofer. Must have moved awkwardly or something but can barely drive the car normal right now let alone try to autocross. Have fun everyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala