Read this quote from a "former Viper owner"

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Read this quote from a \"former Viper owner\"

Did he actually post 1990-1996 or was that your typo? ZR-1 production ended in 1995. If he's so in love with his Vette you'd think he'd be more knowledgeable.

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just sold my 90 ZR1 with 16,000 miles to buy my 94 viper. The ZR1 was a nice car, but there is NO comparison if your looking for raw power and style. I've had 6 vettes and I'll never go back!!!!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You do get a lot of bang for the buck with a ZR-1 but Viper is clearly a better "hey look at that car" type of vehicle.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think we all need to realize that SOME people will truly be happier in something other than a Viper. It is not, and hopefully never will be, a car for the masses. The Vette on the other hand is.

--- Ken

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

better looking, cmon i know looks are opinion and subjective to the eye of the beholder, but those were the worst years of corvette style, period. performance superior? i gotta call bullsh*t on that one too, while they were five hP more than the first vipers, torque wasnt even close. zr1 was a nice performing vette but is wasnt a viper. cheaper, yep ill agree wit that one

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JH23JOB:
[BHow can you argue with someone with such high IQ as that ??
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't, you will not be able to overcome the wall of ignorance or the obvious genetic defects ****** into this individual , so you simply smile, and give him something shiny to play with...until it is time for his next thorazine shot...

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read this quote from a \"former Viper owner\"

"As a former Viper owner I would suggest you check out a 1990-1996 ZR1 Corvette. It is a much better looking, superior performance and a hell of lot cheaper car. I traded my Viper in on a ZR1 Corvette a few years back and have never regretted it."

I'm thinking when he changed his plugs, he left out a few.

How can you argue with someone with such high IQ as that ??

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a ZR-1. It was a great car and I loved it, but no way would I go back.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Me and ZR-1s go way back. In fact the sheer power of that car was the only thing that ever had me thrown in jail without passing go or collecting $200. The style was awesome, the throttle responce was great, and the roar of the exhaust was impressive. One fast trip in the passenger seat of a Viper made me forget all of it.

Let the guy be, he helps make us more attractive to the ladies at *******...

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,

I have a 95 ZR1 #385 and I would never give it up even though I have a 96 Viper GTS now. Having both I think that they are two different types of sports cars. The ZR1 is more refined and with muscle, while the Viper is just muscle. I wouldn't take anything away from either, they are both great cars but both have thier strehgths and weakness.

Regards,
BR

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

<FONT size="1">Is Red5 or 95Yellowvette around here? no? OK, good!</FONT s>

As long as I am not debating the relative merits of comfort and style, or the superiority of our beloved cars on the track, I'll open myself up to ridicule. (But just a little!)

When I had my 1989 convertible Vette, I loved it! Ok, I know, I am easy to please, and not very discriminating or discerning.

I liked the all-digital dash, the comfortable seats, the low slung seating position, the great paint. "Dark Red Metallic" really picked up the rays of the sun, and I got lots of compliments on it.

The engine was very easy to work on, and add cheap HP.

But thats where my love affair with the car turned sour!

It was just a little too soft, too cushy. . It was a "sporty" car, but not very close to super-car territory in terms of performance. Didn't have any real balls.

When the Viper came out, me and the Vette soon got divorced, and now I've got me a model BUILT FOR SPEED! Yeah, baby!

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rdustman:
better looking, cmon i know looks are opinion and subjective to the eye of the beholder, but those were the worst years of corvette style, period. performance superior? i gotta call bullsh*t on that one too, while they were five hP more than the first vipers, torque wasnt even close. zr1 was a nice performing vette but is wasnt a viper. cheaper, yep ill agree wit that one

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put statement......
Isnt it great to know that when you come to a stop light in
traffic (while in a VIPER) your not surrounded by like vehicles
such as CORVETTE owners. This was one of many reasons I sold my
Vette & stepped up to the plate and purchased a VIPER!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ZR1 has got to be one of Chevy's biggest marketing blunders. They were genius if they tried to sell a sleeper. But they make a premier performance option and you can't tell it from the secretaries version without a program.

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The main reason I got my 95 ZR1 was because it was unique and limited, they only made 448 in 95. I rarely see one unless I am at a car show in the 7 years I have had it. Granted coming at you it is hard to tell the difference but from the rear I can tell a ZR1 from a replica with no problem. You just have to know what to look for. I disagree with you Pauls that the ZR1 was a blunder on Chevrolets part. It was ahead of it time for the time frame it was made and was compared to the super exotics of its time. Please put the car in perspective for the time it was created. I was hunting for a year to find a first year 96 GTS because I loved the color and shape as well as the fantastic power. As I stated prevously each car brings something positive to the table one just happens to be older than the other and it production stopped. While the Viper will continue to evolve to become a better car.

Regards,
BR

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I looked at a ZR1 when they first came out. The local dealer let me sit in it and then gave me a standard vette to drive.

When I looked at the Viper the dealer brought the car to my office and waited patiently while I drove it by myself.

I bought the Viper but not the vette. Unfortunately I can't make a good comparison since I didn't drive it, but the dealer saying the standard vette drove like it will always remain a mystery to me.

One thing that bugs me about this post. Why is it the we give credence to a "former owner". Like that's supposed to give the guy a greater deal of honesty in his post.

There's this big club of ours. If anyone says anything disparagingly about our Vipers they will be ridiculed and banned from our midst. Therefore only former owners are to be trusted in their opinions.

One thing I've enjoyed about this forum is the frankness, openness and honesty in the opinions.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just sold my very nicely worked lighting fast (faster than my stock GTS) ZR1. THe zr1 stock is ok, but worked you gotta love it, it has tremendous potential. But it still looks like the other few hundred thousand corvettes out there. I can spot one a mile away but ordinary people can't. Now the Viper....well what is there to say. There is only one car that has led me to the current sale of my Viper. And even then it's only because it would be difficult to keep both at present. But in time i will get another.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neil:
There is only one car that has led me to the current sale of my Viper. And even then it's only because it would be difficult to keep both at present. But in time i will get another.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, Neil, I'll bite. What other car is it that is leading you to sell your Viper?

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vic,

years ago i loved the countach. I still remember the black one featured in the cannonball run. Then the Diablo came out.
I still like the countach,i love the Viper, but i have to give the Diablo a try while i can.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic:
OK, Neil, I'll bite. What other car is it that is leading you to sell your Viper?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After getting a ride in my friend's '93 ZR1, I wanted one REALLY BAD! The ZR1 has lots of power and revvs-on seemingly forever. But I love convertibles, and so I bought a '94 regular Corvette vert with a 6 speed. It was a great car, and after I put 4.10 gears, intake, exhaust and N20, it was as fast or faster than the stock ZR1.
supergrin.gif

But the Viper is at a different level. Bone stock it was already faster than my Vette, and on all motor. And just yesterday I had my Viper parked and I saw out of the window a teenager riding by on a bike and he stopped next to my car, got off of his bike, pulled out a box camera and took pictures of the car.

You may get that with a Countach, but not with a Corvette.

I wholly agree that the Viper is not a car for everyone, but every day I feel lucky that I get to own one.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Come on Dude!! A 'Vette instead of a VIPER??? Everybody and his brother has a "plastic Chevy" !! Park one VIPER between 2 Corvettes and see which car has the crowd around it when you get back !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte