rear Caliper tool

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per shop manual, do you really need to screw the piston back in with the tool?
If not how are you doing it?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Year Matters: 92-00 = needle-nose-plier tips firmly planted in the piston dimples, push and twist. Be sure not to let one tip slip out and 'walk" across the piston face, scratching it. (like I did the 1st time) Tom replaced those tiny pistons for me!

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Year Matters: 92-00 = needle-nose-plier tips firmly planted in the piston dimples, push and twist. Be sure not to let one tip slip out and 'walk" across the piston face, scratching it. (like I did the 1st time) Tom replaced those tiny pistons for me!

Like Jon Says year matters. If you have a 01-02 ABS car you do need a special tool to turn and push the piston back in.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My pistons on both Vipers were a real pain the first time. The tool would have made it much easier than all the other options. I've since gotten to tool.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No difference unless you score the perimeter edge while your at it....its just easy to let it slip..

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and poke the dust boot. However, a 40mm conversion would clean up any types of oop-sie you could ever do. Even with vise grips...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456