Rear Window Rattle

rae661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is small stuff in comparison with adding blowers and major mods--but....The rear window rattles and is about to make me crazy!! It consisting says--Yea, it's a viper--but it's also a Dodge!! I hate it!! What can I do -- beside removing it, to get it quite again???

Thanks for the help

Bob

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My rear hatch made a ping noise everytime I went over a bump. I re-adjusted the latch on the inside to pull it down and it stopped. I don't know if this is the same problem you are having.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if it making noise it's still attached! Put in Welcome to the Jungle and turn the volume control knob till it reads 25. Rattle won't be an issue.
Set inside the car and have someone turn the key on the window lock so you can see how much slop is in the keyway slot. See how well the tab locks in place. The slot could be sloppy. You might need to put a shim in. It will make some noise no matter how tight it fits. Hope this helps

OP
OP
R

rae661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I guess I'll go with the electrical tape--sounds like a quick fix--I have tried the radio and the engine revs--and they both work--but when the wife gets in the car, the volume of both gets turned down and all I hear is the rattle--unfortuantely it's coming from both the passenger seat and the window---One I can tune out, but both!!!

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302