Recall on clutch interlock switch

viper2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recieved the recall notice on the clutch interlock switch and wondered if anyone has done this recall. Having never used a dealer in this area was wondering if this a (not to worry) change if a non viper tech. is assigned. Is switch located inside car on clutch pedal assembly or under car or under hood? Any thoughts or recommendations?

OP
OP
V

viper2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for replies, chance to see how dealership is for additional needs.

Thom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I've heard of a clutch switch recall. The clutch switch wouldn't seem to be safety related, and it's been 9 years since my 2006 was built....so why recall now?

OP
OP
V

viper2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Letter says if spring in switch fails the engine could be started without the clutch pedal depressed. Starting car in gear could be a safety issue.

Thom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. A clutch switch that always thinks the clutch is fully depressed IS a safety concern. I didn't thinkof that failure mode.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the recall too. I went to an empty parking lot and tested my switch. Simply turned on my car left it in gear and hit the start switch without pressing the clutch in. Nothing happened, so my spring/switch is ok, no point in going out of my way to get it fixed from the losers at the Stealership. :)