Recent Crop of Auto Mags Ignore Our Vipers...Again

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't driven a ZR-1 yet but I'm in the market for another car and figured that I would check out the ZO6. I was pretty sure that it would not be what I end up going with but I figured that it would be silly to never experience the car when I am in the market for another sports car. It does not hold a candle to the '08 viper. Not even close.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't driven a ZR-1 yet but I'm in the market for another car and figured that I would check out the ZO6. I was pretty sure that it would not be what I end up going with but I figured that it would be silly to never experience the car when I am in the market for another sports car. It does not hold a candle to the '08 viper. Not even close.

Have you ever thought about buying a TT or high hp blower car? Instead of just a 'supercar' get a modified supercar? One that has 200 or so extra hp more than the ZR1 and 08 Viper? One with better shocks, lightweight brakes, lsighweight wheels, premium exhaust, rollbar, Eibachs, etc.?

Might cause you to feel sorry for those poor guys with only stock supercars. You may enjoy the feeling that your car is faster than every single stock car on the road, including the Veyron.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was'nt that back in '01 or '02. If I remember right, it was a Saphire car right? Hot day, iceing down the intakes between rounds. Viper ran 11 something and Vette was in the twelves. That article left a permanent impression on me. I saved that issue for years, and looked for it recently but could'nt find it.
Thats the test.Evan couldnot get a Viper from Dodge to to coincide with the time he had the Vette (not to mention day he booked the track )so he went the private party route and i was able to come up with one.This kind of stuff happens all the time.The mags dont ignore our cars the mags simply are unable to procure a car (dodge or private party )when needed.