Recommended brand of short throw shifter?

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the top recommended brand of short throw shifter (entire assembly)? Are there better reports on the Hurst/Mopar, B&M, Ripper shifter, etc...?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the top recommended brand of short throw shifter (entire assembly)? Are there better reports on the Hurst/Mopar, B&M, Ripper shifter, etc...?

Not sure who the favorite is, but I heard MGW started making a short throw assembly and Woodhouse is using it. Might be another option for you.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are really pleased with George's new short throw shifter and it is the best we have used so far . Mark J. ( [email protected] ) can give you more info, but like all of MGW's pieces there is no worry about quality ---- superb piece.

I think he may even have a couple in stock.

OP
OP
T

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention that I already have the MGW Shorty Shifter. I am looking for an entire short throw assembly that will work in conjunction with the MGW Shorty Shifter.

omore001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW all the way, I had one on my previous car ('04 Cobra) and it was the best shifter I've ever had. It made the 2-3 upshift flawless everytime and every shift felt more positive. I never missed a gear with the MGW, I missed the 2-3 upshift a couple of times on the stock Cobra shifter. MGW is quality 2nd to no shifter.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys have the entire MGW assembly or just the top part (knob/stem)? I've heard that a lot of people are satisfied with just the top part.
Thanks...

Yeah, should've been more specific, we just have the shifter...and an MGW knob as well (has red Fangs on it)
Totally satisfied with this shifter...juli

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MGW makes a whole new assembly also as of last month or so. There was a thread about it. Get a new assembly and pick your style knob. Like Bill P said, talk to Mark at Woodhouse, he has alot of hands on info on the new assembly.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thank you for sort-of catching yourself. Probably my one pet peeve whenever this tread gets started - which has to be at least once a month - so a quick search will yield many posts.

The shifter is the actually mechanical part that sits on top of the transmission that shifts gears. The shift knob is NOT a shifter.

I would like more information regarding the MGW shifter. It is not even listed on their website yet?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I already have the MGW Shorty Shifter. I am looking for an entire short throw assembly that will work in conjunction with the MGW Shorty Shifter.

BAD 2TB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Woodhouse installed the new MGW shifter in my 06 last month. I have only put about 40 miles on it but love the way it shifts, 2nd to 3rd is a piece of cake.