Red/Black Wheels?

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since NineBall set a new precedent with his white wheels, I am thinking of going with these wheels on my red vert. Wanted to see what you guys think? Am I totally crazy?
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be a bold move, but I am leaning that way. If not, I will just go with the polished lip.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have the same wheels and was thinking of either black or copper lips, i like the red, not sure of the copper, the chrome has been bugging me since it is the only chrome on the car.

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm impressed. I recently saw a similiar Blk/red wheel in one of
my car mags and was thinking they would look good on my red
roadster. After seeing your posting, I now know they would look
great on my car too!

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know the weight on those wheels? I have a black coupe that those would look great on. I have always liked the painted wheel look. In college I had a Mustang vert that was black w/ stack wheels that I painted lazer red. Looks sinister!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first choice is chrome. But with the other black areas on the car like the rear diffuser, exhaust tip surrounds, top (when up), accent the black wheels well.

Final vote... Go for it!

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think it looks awesome (TODAY). I have had similar thoughts of going that route in wheel choice. My major concern is how it will look in a few years. 4k-5k is a lot to pay for something to possibly go out of style in a short time.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To import for me.........

I have a friend with a black supra that did the same look,,,,,,just not for me.

i went with the more traditional look.
You must be registered for see images attach

Except I went with chrome lip and low gloss center

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fast1, I think they told me they were 24lb front 26lb rear.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I decide I hate the red, then I can have them switch them out to polished later for for about $1000. I think I will like the red though. It is really growing on me.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i did see this and i thought this looked good.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my style, but I do think they would be easier to keep clean. I say do it if its what you want.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely makes a statement! I like the black center but I'm not sure I wouldn't tire of the red rim. If it appeals to you, go for it. If you get tired of the look, you can always spend the $1k and change them to the polished rim. Personally, I prefer the contrast of the rims Ullose is going with but, that's just my opinion. And...we all know what "they" say about opinions.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the entire wheel black, but put a red pin stripe on the lip. That would be subtle, look killer, and won't go out of style. I dig the body matched lips, but I see them as a trend for the next 1-2 yrs tops. A simple pinstripe will be timeless since it is a throwback to the redline tires of the 60's

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looks VERY UNIQUE, and that's a nice bold statement...personally, I'd go for all black...but with your red vert, I think it would look FANtastic!!! That BLUE one looks awesome too. Votes are in...go for it!!! ~juli
*****PICS when you have them, please!*****

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my god. How weird! I just ordered those last week and my inspiration was that same picture from the Forgeline website. I actually ordered the IFORGED Monacos which look almost identical to that Forgeline. I ordered them with black faces and red powdercoated outer lips. Can't wait to get them in!

19 x 11 fronts and 20 x 13 rears.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You nailed it!

Sundevil---what made you go with the 19X11 fronts? I ask that because I ordered the forgeline in 19X10 (stock width ) and now i see alot of people running the 11 inch rim.
(I know plenty of people were running the 11 when i ordered but)
I'm thinking maybe i should have went with the 11 inch rim to have more of a lip, maybe not. That seems to be the only reason i would have went wider. I'm still waiting on FED EX to deliver my rims so i actually have never seen the rim i ordered in person so it maybe just perfect:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang