Removal of Sun Visor Stickers

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Chuck Tator's answered this for me at least 3 times, but I forget (as usual) and was wondering how folks remove them. Was it heat with a hair dryer and peel off?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here, City...we just remove the visors themselves. Looks better with top down!~! Once we EVER get to drive the '08 again, we'll probably remove these visors as well. :) ~juli

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I had a vert, I removed the entire sun visor because everthing I would go for spirited driving the damn thing would fall damn.

Damn damn damn! Just thought I'd chime in...:D

Are they easy to remove (I'm assuming just a couple screws)? I don't think I've ever used them in my GTS--the windshield is low enough and I'm tall enough that it's never been an issue.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a GTS is easy, remove and flip them over, then put the drivers on the passenger side, and passengers on the drivers side, then the label will be up against the roof. The GTS metal fixings are identical so this works,

this method doesnt work on a SRT, ive tried that already

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed my visors on my vert, and going to do it in my coupe as well. The visors just get in the way in my opinion, easy to remove, just two screws...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a sticker from ebay to cover the stock sticker. But I too would like to know how to remove the sticker not the entire visor.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
goo gone after you pull them off if theres residue

+1 I used a blow-dryer but you dont have to. I removed them first(easy to do and work on) and also used goo-gone for the residue then gave them a nice coat of whatever you use on your interior... Kevin

VCA Member
Reaction score
Depends on what year some come off with laquer thinner (try at your own risk) others are silk screened on and will not come of (buy earlier Gen III visors on ebay. they are usually cheap)

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed my visors on my vert, and going to do it in my coupe as well. The visors just get in the way in my opinion, easy to remove, just two screws...
Well said. I threw mine in the trash the day I bought my 99 and 09. Their just in the way and useless on the Viper. Oakleys are lighter too.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use mine to hold my Valentine 1, so removal isn't an option (it's easier to remove the Valentine 1 from the visor than the windshield mount, which is necessary for me), so hearing more on options for sticker removal is good.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I find the visors useful on some days. Not as workable as on my SUV, but far better than none at all.

I'll give one a try this weekend and see how it goes.

redlined

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine were Silkscreened in my 05 Copperhead. Not Even Aircraft Paint remover will take off the residue. It is "MELTED" on the visor. The sticker came off but now I have DARK GRAYISH rectangles instead of the stickers.:omg:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kind of use the visor as a bit of a wind screen with the top down.

That Charger sticker makes it sound fairly wussy next to the viper. ;)

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone wonder why those stickers are even on the Viper???? There is no back seat to put a child seat in. But then again some people need "HOT" written on thier coffee cups. :lmao::lmao:

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I removed mine after the car had sit in the sun between 1pm to 4pm on a hot summer day. They easily peeled off in one part. I wiped off the glue residue left by the stickers with Isopropanol (Walmart) and then applied leather/vinyl treatment since the isopropanol also removes all natural oils...

If mother nature won't help you, you'll need a hairdryer/heat gun to soften the glue. But be careful!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960