Removing SRT-10 intake manifold

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For any of you folks who have removed your intake, do you remember what tool(s) or techniques you used to reach the next to the last rear bolt on the driver's side?

It's not the very last one under the wiper cowl but it's next to last one down inside the valley.

I was able to break it loose by sticking a long extension thru the top of the intake with a torx bit on the end however, as the bolt begins to back out, the angle created makes it no longer feasible for the torx bit to remain in the bolt head.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For any of you folks who have removed your intake, do you remember what tool(s) or techniques you used to reach the next to the last rear bolt on the driver's side?

It's not the very last one under the wiper cowl but it's next to last one down inside the valley.

I was able to break it loose by sticking a long extension thru the top of the intake with a torx bit on the end however, as the bolt begins to back out, the angle created makes it no longer feasible for the torx bit to remain in the bolt head.

Drop down one size on the Torx, and make sure it is 1/4 drive...

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did it go? Was poking around at mine today and found the front drivers four were only snug. Going to change the gaskets.

Anybody know the torque spec and tightening pattern on this for reassembly? Blue locktite?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan correct me if i am wrong but I think it is 95 inch of torque we translates to roughly 10ft lbs. Not much more than snug.

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan correct me if i am wrong but I think it is 95 inch of torque we translates to roughly 10ft lbs. Not much more than snug.

That is correct in accordance with the service manual.

Not a fun job. Might as well put the box of bandaids in the garage. You'll need them.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Not a fun job. Might as well put the box of bandaids in the garage. You'll need them.

Na... do it about 30 or 40 times, it becomes quite easy.

Then you get to graduate to manifolds which have SS braided fuel lines connected to the underside of them for "hidden" fuel systems. Now those, are FUN.

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

thanks for asking this question.
been putting it off till the winter,will be polishing the thing,and changing plug wires.
i did get some new injector o rings,but have read the intake gasket can be reused??
:2tu:

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for asking this question.
been putting it off till the winter,will be polishing the thing,and changing plug wires.
i did get some new injector o rings,but have read the intake gasket can be reused??
:2tu:

I reused o-rings and intake gaskets. No issues so far. The intake gaskets have little "nubs" that go into the top of the head to keep it from shifting when placing on the intake. I broke off one of the "nubs" but no big deal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4