Removing the door panel?

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you go about removing the door panel? I had a new window regulator installed but the window is up slightly too high when in the down position. Not enough to be a problem but I am super picky and want to lower it slightly to match the other side and to protect it more.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not hard. 3:15 am memory tells me.

-3 screws on speaker grill
-torx behind speaker holding door panel to door
-allen bolts holding the door grab handle, heavy metal piece comes out
-screw behind the plastic "square" by inside door release handle
-3 push pins around outer perimeter of the door panel. Plastic pins. Push round middle in a bit then pry out with panel removal tool. 1 is on the "front" side when in the door jamb with door closed, other 2 are easier and more obvious
-The window strip part is snapped into the door at the top. One of these gave me hell, it did not want to unsnap and I thought I would break it. I left it alone and moved to the passenger side to see how that would go. That one came out easier, but once knowing how it was held on, I went back and took care of the drivers side no problem, just had to show it who's the boss.

Then torx screws holding cables and switches once door panel is off. All in all it took about half hr to remove both of mine with hand tools the first time I did it. It wasn't hard at all. Maybe I forgot something, but that is what I picture in my head. Off to bed.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Before removing the door panel, you might want to try to calibrate the regulator. I've read many different iterations - but most seem to say roll down - hold for 5 secs, roll up hold 5 secs, repeat 2 additional times (3 total.) Hope that works - but if it doesn't there are a number of adjustments that can be done.

Removing the door panel is easy - but only if you've done it before and know what you are doing. If you have not done it before, there is a very, very high likelihood that you WILL BREAK the top flimsy strip on the door panel which is a costly repair. Just a word to the wise.

Good Luck.

russellesq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you go about removing the door panel? I had a new window regulator installed but the window is up slightly too high when in the down position. Not enough to be a problem but I am super picky and want to lower it slightly to match the other side and to protect it more.

Remove it carefully but be aware there is a good chance you are going to damage/break the flimsy and fragile plastic strips that are on top of the door panel. Use extra caution because they apparently run $1K to replace which is really not worth it. You can see the comments/solutions here if they should break.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang