Replacement Speakers for Center Sub-woofers

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have reccomendations for replacing (upgrading) the 2 center speakers between the seats on the SRT-10? As in know what size speakers they are? What is the OHM load (2 or 4) and the mounting depth (4 in??). After searching the site can't find any of this info. Very limited published info on center speakers for a Gen III.

I'm basically just looking for advice on upgrading the center speakers. No modifying or cutting. Something better than stock. I'm sure someone has done this. Already have the Polks in the door, but the subs seem inferior. Thanks for your thouhts in advance.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to change it to a JL 6w0. Have not done install yet should do it in next couple of days. Earlier post I found speaker will fit with very minor modification. Hope this helps.

Joshua

OP
OP

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joshua,
I forgot to mention I am connecting them to the RB-1 Nav unit--if that even matters. After researching the JL 6W0 subwoofer, are you saying these JL 6W0 are 4 Ohm and compatible with the RB-1...or just a4 ohm speaker? What are the sizes of the 2 speakers you're replacing--both or just the botom 6" speaker? The top "sub" looks to be @ 4" and the bottom measures to be @ 6"?? Are you replacing top and bottom?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not to speakers just one in a ported box. The head unit has nothing to do with it. Power comes from the factory amp not head unit. I have a RB1. I will let you know how turns out Kicker also makes a 6 1/2 sub. But I feel the JL is a better speaker. The Kicker is a shorter speaker.

Joshua

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed the speaker today. Took about 3 hours. The speaker is a definite improvement. I am still haveing a little rattle need to put more dynamatt on the cover and speaker. Not sure if some of the rattle is because of ported box. I will keep you posted.
Joshua

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you need to remove the seats? How is the new sound? Can you describe it?

I changed the speaker today. Took about 3 hours. The speaker is a definite improvement. I am still haveing a little rattle need to put more dynamatt on the cover and speaker. Not sure if some of the rattle is because of ported box. I will keep you posted.
Joshua

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did have to take out the seats. I have a coupe not sure what you would have to do in a covt. The new sound is better. A lot more thump. I'm just not sure if I want to keep box ported or not. Hugh upgrade. Took me about 4 hours by myself. With removing seats and interior.

Joshua

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a JL audio 06w also. Works great and handles a gob more power than its rated for!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Shandon,

Speaker sounds a lot better. Having some vibration sounds at certain sub frequencies. I think it is because it is still ported thinking about closing the port.

Thanks.
Joshua

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea seal the port and up the power with an amp. Makes a huge difference. Remmeber though you can only ask a 6" speaker to do so much :D