Report on Modifications

wing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Drove my 08 coupe with 800 miles on it 400 miles to Woodhouse. 22.5 MPG on the way down mostly cruising at 80 MPH in 6th (1500 RPM).

Had Belanger headers and cats, Corsa exhaust, 3.55 gears, MGW shifter, MGW knob and Mopar PCM installed.

On the way home got 20.5 MPG but was playing with car more and running more in 5th.

3.55 gears were an excellent recommendation for my driving style and area where I live.

MGW shifter and knob was well worth the money. Shifts are much easier and nicer. Your hand when resting on shifter is at the perfect height to work radio and the feel of the shifter is great.

When the car starts it just barks. Love the sound. Could see where some people might not like it. You can make the car sound like a Japanese water cooled V twin or a 102 CI straight pipe Harley depending on RPM and gas pedal.

The PCM seems to make the car sound like it has a cam in it. The idle, which might still be adjusting definitely has a different feel.

Want to thank Aaron and Fred for the great work on the car. I delivered the car on Thursday at 0800 and left at 1030 Friday.

Mark had my take off parts shipped out by 1200 that day and where at my home Monday.

All in all I am very Happy with the changes.

Thanks Aaron, Fred and Mark

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove my 08 coupe with 800 miles on it 400 miles to Woodhouse. 22.5 MPG on the way down mostly cruising at 80 MPH in 6th (1500 RPM).

Had Belanger headers and cats, Corsa exhaust, 3.55 gears, MGW shifter, MGW knob and Mopar PCM installed.

On the way home got 20.5 MPG but was playing with car more and running more in 5th.

3.55 gears were an excellent recommendation for my driving style and area where I live.

MGW shifter and knob was well worth the money. Shifts are much easier and nicer. Your hand when resting on shifter is at the perfect height to work radio and the feel of the shifter is great.

When the car starts it just barks. Love the sound. Could see where some people might not like it. You can make the car sound like a Japanese water cooled V twin or a 102 CI straight pipe Harley depending on RPM and gas pedal.

The PCM seems to make the car sound like it has a cam in it. The idle, which might still be adjusting definitely has a different feel.

Want to thank Aaron and Fred for the great work on the car. I delivered the car on Thursday at 0800 and left at 1030 Friday.

Mark had my take off parts shipped out by 1200 that day and where at my home Monday.

All in all I am very Happy with the changes.

Thanks Aaron, Fred and Mark

did you do a before and after dyno? Keep updating on the mods perfomance

OP
OP
W

wing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No dyno. I made my decision based on the information on the site. Someone has already added and dynoed everything I did. Most everything I have read, all the dyno readings are within a plus or minus certain amount. As long as you stay with the same components the differences are probably based on the integrity of the motor, dyno and the weather that day. I will dyno it given the opportunity but it will be for fun.

Depends on how hard you get on it and the road traction. You can definitely light them up if you want. I make sure I am pointed straight.