Repost? Another 08 (SSG) bites the dust before leaving dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MUSICNCARS : I think you need to read my post again. No offense was intended. I was merely commenting based on the facts in your post. Your words say what they say. I think that Corvettes are excellent cars. If you can get past your anger, maybe you will see that my post was not a put down. It was merely a suggestion based on your own description of yourselves. The fact of the matter is that the Viper does not have nannytech and probably never will. I personally have no objection to nannytech that can be turned off. But in the meantime, I think that the Viper is not a car that makes much sense for someone who does not have the skill set to handle it without the nannytech. If you and your spouse have that skil set - great. Enjoy the cars. If not, as recommended by many before, spend a little money and go to a performance driving school. It's fun and worth the time.

Last edited:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The surge @ 4 grand is the variable timing in an '08. It's been described a lot. The drive by wire delay is felt on take off and is in part to give a smoother take off.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While experience with these cars is the best insurance against an accident happening there are plenty of very skilled drivers who have had incidents in these cars. Not everyone who has an accident is an idiot.

Last edited:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that "idiot" is not the proper response without knowing the facts. Let's say "using poor judgement". Especially testing on small roads,cold tires and on your first drive.

Our responsibilty is to educate and learn, not condem. I think we may have returned back to our early years where guys with 200hp Mustangs & 300hp Vettes got bit by their new 400hp Viper.

Now the bite is a little deeper.

We are all "newbies" again. Learn the new differences and stay just a little scared. The car will remind you whose the boss if you aren't careful.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another interesting point Nader. I think that each generation has had its idiosynchracies. I remember when I first got my new 1999 GTS, no one told me about the snap transition to an oversteer condition that came in due to the front end lifting at around 70 MPH - particularly on a sweeping curve while accelerating. Fortunately for me, I kept my cool when it happened and maintained control. I am sure that some others probably did not, oversteered and either ran off the road or hit a guard rail. And we all know that the stock Gen I and II brakes, at least before ABS came in, were nothing to write home about. With the Gen III's, it was the run craps. Stiff sidewalls created issues. Other than the rougher ride, it never bothered me that much but the PS2's are a quantum leap forward. Now we see that the fly by wire and the VVT, cam within a cam tech may need a few kinks ironed out. I say "may" because maybe, with time, the adaptives in the computer will pick up on each person's driving style and eliminate the VVT cam within a cam abrupt surge behavior. (I don't think the adaptives can solve the fly by wire delay issue and I know SRT is working on it.) If that is the case, then in the next SRT engineering session or, preferably even sooner by posting here, the SRT engineers should give us a heads up and, possibly, if it is not there already, revise the owner's manual to include a section on the issue. The revision could be done by a sticker insert mailed out to current owners so the owner's manual does not have to be completely redone. However, Chrysler LLC's legal counsel might have a few things to say on this issue.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The surge @ 4 grand is the variable timing in an '08. It's been described a lot. The drive by wire delay is felt on take off and is in part to give a smoother take off.

It is my understanding that the drive by wire delay is currently being worked on by SRT. It is not a good feature for the street, the strip or a road course. Many blip the throttle when shifting on the street and on a road course. What can happen is the following: Assume you are decelerating. You blip the throttle before down shifting. You immediately down shift. The car then, because of the delayed reaction, abruptly accelerates after you shift because the rev up does not occur when the clutch pedal is still pushed down. If you are entering a corner or a curve when this happens, the rear end can kick out since the proper method is to apply power with finesse and by the feel of the car on the road, course, etc. not abruptly when the drive by wire system gets around to it. I'm sure that our dedicated friends at SRT will work it out.

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly, I think a lot of people who drive high horsepower cars tend to overestimate their driving skills.
Driving schools are great for learning to drive and to help with the hypothetical loss of control and how to regain it. Unfortunately, only experience with loosing control helps.
You want to learn how to drive your Viper on the edge and cut down on hitting tree's, well get a rear wheel mustang/Trans AM, Camero what ever rust bucket you can find and go up north to say Buffalo, NY or Minnesota where they have lot's of ice. Take those puppies on the ice and gun it and you will get a very very good experience of fish tailing and loosing control. Make sure you have nice smooth bald tires to complete the experience.

Vipers are a poorly disguised race car, but it doesn't mean that we all drive them like a race car. Granted I get on it once in a while when the weather is nice and the roads are empty. I definately respect it much more than any other car. Simply put the car is too sweet to wreck.

I really bought mine because of the way it looks. The fact that it is dam fast was just bonus!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bobpantax in the aspect that the viper is not the kinda car that is bought for "my wife as a toy" Yet you are "waiting on your viper" and "take out your wife's viper" :rolaugh: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bobpantax in the aspect that the viper is not the kinda car that is bought for "my wife as a toy" :rolaugh: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dude.....you are as dense as a brick. why is that statement so taken out of context. my wife is an excellant driver. let me explain it to you, since you obviously have a problem with comprehending what you read. by "toy" I meant something that she can cruise around on the weekend with, not "toy" as in "oh, how cute, a matchbox car." Of course, she and I know that you have to be careful while driving these bad a$$ monsters of the highway. and to my wifes credit, she has over 1000 miles on her SSG vert and guess what? no accidents.:):D:lmao:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with Bobpantax in the aspect that the viper is not the kinda car that is bought for "my wife as a toy" Yet you are "waiting on your viper" and "take out your wife's viper" :rolaugh: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I shouldn't be surprised and yet I am. I guess there will always be those who believe that a female isn't capable of driving a high performance car. Sorry, boys, I'm not going into the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant to grab you another beer! Shame on you!!:nono: Last time I checked, this is America. And both myself and my husband are free to buy whatever cars we like and it sure doesn't require your permission! If you are sincerely concerned about my safety, I appreciate it but also know that I have lots of experience driving many different cars including high performance cars. Just because I choose to not track my car doesn't mean I don't have the right to own it and drive it. And, just so you know, the term "toy" is being taken out of context. A "toy" is something you enjoy. I suppose you only drive your Viper because you are forced to. Poor thing!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no idea what you are saying, laughing me for waiting on my viper to be built. what is funny about that? you are probably one of "those" people who have been bitten by your snake.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea but he "bought" a viper "for his wife" yet is "waiting for his viper" . SSG Chick I like you, I enjoy your posts, but I have a feeling you bought your viper or earned it. You didnt have somebody buy it for you, and yet they didnt buy one for themselves, even though they want one.... get my point?

A viper is not the kind of car you buy for your wife as a toy. Take a poll and 95% of members here will agree...

And no sorry, I havnt been bitten, and I've had ferraris, lambos, porsches, 2 vipers and more, been a member here for 4 years and you won't find any bitten posts by me. So sorry your wrong. Maybe your wife will let you drive in "her viper" soon?

Last edited:

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea but he "bought" a viper "for his wife" yet is "waiting for his viper" . SSG Chich I like you, I enjoy your posts, but I have a feeling you bought your viper or earned it. You didnt have somebody buy it for you, and yet they didnt buy one for themselves, even though they want want.... get my point?

what the F*** is your problem. can a guy not buy his wife a valentines day present?
you are an A$$HOLE! dont be hating me becuase its friday and you cant get laid, because your favorite ****** is booked all night.

Last edited:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea but he "bought" a viper "for his wife" yet is "waiting for his viper" . SSG Chich I like you, I enjoy your posts, but I have a feeling you bought your viper or earned it. You didnt have somebody buy it for you, and yet they didnt buy one for themselves, even though they want want.... get my point?

You do realize that musicncars is my husband? He bought me the car because I have always wanted one. Then after seeing mine, decided that he, too, would enjoy one as much as I enjoy mine. What's wrong with that? We work VERY hard for what we have and we enjoy cars.......many different cars.........we both drive them all! He originally was going to buy a Ferrari but decided that the Viper was much better. I joined this forum because I wanted to know more and I thought it would be fun. I have to say the attacks that I have received on more than one occasion are disheartening! It makes me think that I need an extra appendage in order to participate and, yet, there are other women on this forum who are never attacked. So I have to ask, why me? What did I do to you? Is there some sort of unwritten rule to posting in this forum if you are a female? If so, someone please fill me in!

By the way, my car was bought first because he had bought many other cars that he wanted. I was holding out for a SSG Viper. Get the point?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok first of all, I didnt attack either of you. Your husband just called me an "*******" over PM. Once again, I didn't call either of you names. I didn't know he was your husband. All I was doing was agreeing with the other member that a viper isnt the kinda of car that would be considered a "wifes toy". It also struck me funny the way he talks about "how hes going to go ride in his wifes viper" , not a big deal, just the way he is wording some posts.

But I am not an "*******" and I didnt call either of you names. Once again, was just agreeing with the other member who said the words first, yet your not going crazy on him. Also not to mention the insults he tried to give me by telling me I probably got snake bit... Again, what insults did I send towards you? Relax...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kinda depends on the kind of wife you have. And if I were the marrying type, which I am not, my wife would be pro-Viper and if she wanted one I'd be more than happy to get her one.

But she can't have either of mine. :D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok first of all, I didnt attack either of you. Your husband just called me an "*******" over PM. Once again, I didn't call either of you names. I didn't know he was your husband. All I was doing was agreeing with the other member that a viper isnt the kinda of car that would be considered a "wifes toy". It also struck me funny the way he talks about "how hes going to go ride in his wifes viper" , not a big deal, just the way he is wording some posts.

But I am not an "*******" and I didnt call either of you names. Once again, was just agreeing with the other member who said the words first, yet your not going crazy on him. relax...

Relax? You just told my husband in a PM that a Viper isn't for a woman! I'm extremely offended! I sincerely hope you treat the women in your life better than you just treated me.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kinda depends on the kind of wife you have. And if I were the marrying type, which I am not, my wife would be pro-Viper and if she wanted one I'd be more than happy to get her one.

But she can't have either of mine. :D

Chuck,

You are now officially one of my favorite people! Thank you so much. I sincerely mean that. There are women in the world who love cars and are knowledgeable about them. And, I'm sure if you were the marrying kind, she would be very lucky to have someone like you.:D

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes you need to relax, You guys have called me an as*****, in fact I'm sure thats against forum policies. 2nd the insults to me about being snake bit , even though I never have been. Are you also insulting every member on this forum who has been snakebit? 3rd you insulted me by calling me "dense as a brick" where did I call you names? I must say you two are very courteous. I havnt insulted you, and your taking my words out of context, I didnt say a viper isn't for a woman, I said its not a "wifes toy" in fact one could argue , a viper shouldnt be anybodys "toy" which in fact was the whole reason I was agreeing with Bobpantax who first posted that. Why dont you guys go crazy over him? he said it, I'm just agreeing. I bet if we took a poll most people would agree.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes you need to relax, You guys have called me an as*****, in fact I'm sure thats against forum policies. 2nd the insults to me about being snake bit , even though I never have been. Are you also insulting every member on this forum who has been snakebit? I havnt insulted you, and your taking my words out of context, I didnt say a viper isn't for a woman, I said its not a "wifes toy" in fact one could argue , a viper shouldnt be anybodys "toy" which in fact was the whole reason I was agreeing with the member who first posted that. Why dont you guys go crazy over him? he said it, I'm just agreeing. I bet if we took a poll most people would agree.

I never called you any name. You did say in a PM "you don't agree that a viper isn't really a toy for women?" And I would never insult anyone for being snakebit. I never said anything about that at all. I have been very fortunate that I have had no such issues with my car and I would sincerely hope that no one ever would. Those things happen and they are nothing that I would ever feel qualified to judge anyone on. It is a very unfortunate thing when someone has an accident in a car........ANY car. And, you took the term "toy" out of context. The term "toy" means something that you enjoy. As I've said before, Vipers aren't driven because people are forced to drive them. That doesn't mean that I don't take driving it very seriously because I do. I'm careful with it because #1. It's too nice to wreck #2 I like being around for my family and #3 I wouldn't want to put anyone around me in danger. I do appreciate the concern, but it really isn't fair to say the things that you and others have said. I suggest that you know a little bit more about someone before you rush to judgement.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And I would never insult anyone for being snakebit. I never said anything about that at all. I have been very fortunate that I have had no such issues with my car and I would sincerely hope that no one ever would. Those things happen and they are nothing that I would ever feel qualified to judge anyone on. It is a very unfortunate thing when someone has an accident in a car........ANY car.

If you shouldnt judge people on if they've been snakebit, and its unfortunate, why is your husband trying to insult me by saying that "I've probably one of those people who have been snake bit" and yet insulting all of those who has been...

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what the F*** is your problem. can a guy not buy his wife a valentines day present?
you are an A$$HOLE! dont be hating me becuase its friday and you cant get laid, because your favorite ****** is booked all night.

oh yea let me get this quoted up so the mods can see this one too, real classy husband you have there....

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yea let me get this quoted up so the mods can see this one too, real classy husband you have there....

you started this by being insulting, and I do not appreciate this. how much class do you have? putting down women....really classy, just top notch behaviour, from a top notch guy.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did I put down women? How did I insult you directly? By agreeing with Bobpantax's post?

Oh and by the way my girlfriend who is sitting right here, says "a viper is not a womans car" She drives my porsche boxster S everyday. She can tell you alot of things about exotic cars. "Sure a woman can drive a viper but its not a "womans car", just like a VW beetle isnt a "mans car"" "and its surely not a "TOY" is what she just said....

You must be registered for see images

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you shouldnt judge people on if they've been snakebit, and its unfortunate, why is your husband trying to insult me by saying that "I've probably one of those people who have been snake bit" and yet insulting all of those who has been...

I think you misunderstood what he was saying. I believe what he was saying was that anyone could get snakebit at any time. That includes me, you and anyone else. There have been stories about experienced drivers who have been bitten.

The issue at hand is that you obviously believe that as a woman I am not qualified to own my Viper. I apologize if he has said inappropriate things in my defense. However, you have said inappropriate things as well. I can't help but wonder if you would say the same things to Juli, Venomiss, Leslie or any of the other women who participate on this forum? I believe they all have Vipers and, to my knowledge, Leslie is the only one who races. Yet, I have never seen any comments to them about their ownership of a Viper. So is it any wonder that I feel singled out and attacked because my husband wanted to do something nice for me and buy me the car of my dreams? What if someone said something similar to you? How would you feel if someone said that you weren't qualified to do something because you are a man? I think you would be offended as well.

It's very sad that I try to be nice to everyone on here, only to be treated in this manner. Yet, you get offended when I defend myself and my husband defends me. Isn't much fun, huh?

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you need to relax, You guys have called me an as*****, in fact I'm sure thats against forum policies. 2nd the insults to me about being snake bit , even though I never have been. Are you also insulting every member on this forum who has been snakebit? 3rd you insulted me by calling me "dense as a brick" where did I call you names? I must say you two are very courteous. I havnt insulted you, and your taking my words out of context, I didnt say a viper isn't for a woman, I said its not a "wifes toy" in fact one could argue , a viper shouldnt be anybodys "toy" which in fact was the whole reason I was agreeing with Bobpantax who first posted that. Why dont you guys go crazy over him? he said it, I'm just agreeing. I bet if we took a poll most people would agree.

I have already pmed and discussed this with Bob. So why is it that you can be insulting? Do you have a free pass? I am not insulting everyone who has been snake bitten. I said that to you becuase of the attacks toward my wife, you must be disgruntled that my wife has a Viper and has not wrecked it. I will defend my wife until the end. Someone tell me if I am wrong for doing that.
I called you "dense as a brick" because you took my statement about my wifes" toy" out of context. I am sick of having to explain that comment. i am sorry if you do not get that by saying "toy", i meant a car to enjoy on the weekends or when the weather is nice or whatever.
I think you putting my wife down is against forum policy, if it is not...it should be.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How did I put down women? How did I insult you directly? By agreeing with Bobpantax's post?

Oh and by the way my girlfriend who is sitting right here, says "a viper is not a womans car" She drives my porsche boxster S everyday. She can tell you alot of things about exotic cars. "Sure a woman can drive a viper but its not a "womans car", just like a VW beetle isnt a "mans car"" "and its surely not a "TOY" is what she just said....

You must be registered for see images

And everyone, men and women alike, are entitled to their opinions. Boxsters are nice cars and I hope she enjoys hers. I'm sorry you are forced to drive your Viper and aren't allowed to drive it for fun.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've been mistreated? How? Show me exactly how I said direct insults to you. Show me exactly where I cursed at you, and what names I called you. Show me exactly what names I called you. You know like the one your husband said here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude