quarter panel. So probably need a head light and new quarter
panel and some paint work on the hood and bumper if not new
parts. I am not worried about getting it fixed but I am worried
about what this is going to cost me in resale. :(

Herc :usa:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to put a number on it. This has been discussed on the board many times before. The reality is, when the time to sell comes, people will be more hesitant about buying your car for the simple fact it has had an accident. You would have to list your car for less money than another 05 of comparable miles/condition. Make sure you take plenty of pictures of the damage and have the repairs done by a reputable shop.

You may be able to get a diminished value adjustment from the insurance company, John B. has helped members in the past. My dollar estimate (and by no means am I an expert) would be $3 to $7K, depending on the extent of damage and the quality of the repair work.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as you request new OEM parts and do not do any panel repairs you should not see a big (if any) drop in the resale value. One important factor is weather or not you have any damage to the frame or the inner fender panel. Either one will end up reducing the value, as they are noticable when replaced or repaired. Remember it does not take much of a frontal hit to bend the frame or crack the inner fender panel.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you request new OEM parts and do not do any panel repairs you should not see a big (if any) drop in the resale value. One important factor is weather or not you have any damage to the frame or the inner fender panel. Either one will end up reducing the value, as they are noticable when replaced or repaired. Remember it does not take much of a frontal hit to bend the frame or crack the inner fender panel.
Disagree. The FIRST question out of every buyers mouth is "does it have any stories"? When you tell them yes, but go on how minor it was you can watch their eyes glaze over. If they have seen anything roughly comparable to yours, they won't be back unless you make the price really good. But then that IS effecting the resale value. I went through this with a brand new Vette that got backed into, eventualy had to see 5K under book at the time just to unload it. Now of course Vettes are a dime a dozen so the buyer can pick and choose from many but the point is when they hear that it had body work..trouble. Plus they think you are lying about the severity.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus they think you are lying about the severity.

That is why you need to take pictures of the damage, or request them from the insurance adjuster (I assume they always take pictures for reference?).

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also in our area ,if this happened, it would be hard to find some one that could do the proper paint job. We have very nice paint work on our Vipers, the best paint job on any car Ive ever owned, and I sure would want the paint to color match and no orange peel. Now you may have a good body shop close by-I hope so.

Ive seen a lot of body work done and the paint job looked bad or did not match. I am sure you are going to have a understanding with insurance co. and the body shop that the work had to be done to your satisfaction.

Hate to hear it and Good Luck.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first and foremost, never post on the internet that your car was involved in an accident...now everyone who reads this knows that your car has a past.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn...guess I should have never posted about my wreck (LOL).

Seriously, I doubt my car will ever make it back to the retail market!

OP
OP
H

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I posted the info because I am not going to lie about it when
it comes time to sell, I figure that if I buy a car from a PCA or VCA member
it should be "as stated" and that is what I do when I sell my cars. Besides, I
got a good deal on the car when I bought it, premo with less than 5k miles
Motons, Autoform, Paxton and HREs. Guess I'll just keep it for a while and
enjoy.

Herc :usa:

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
first and foremost, never post on the internet that your car was involved in an accident...now everyone who reads this knows that your car has a past.

You can always buy from Zen. His cars are cherries that have never been popped. :nana:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I applaud the original poster. This IS THE VIPERCLUB WEBSITE afterall.

I'd rather know the history and deal with an honest member than guess what happened when and where from my friendly Dodge dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery