Road America Recap and beyond

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road America is one unbelievable track. Fast and Technical!!
This is not a place for rookies to make their debut but 18 did. Not one off track experience for any of them. I am proud of everyone of them. Also had three women rookies!! We need more women...come on out and enjoy the weekend with your husband!
The weather was HOT!!! on Thursday until pm when the rain and lightning came and cooled things off. The race was canceled but the green group went out on the wet track. This is a great time to learn car control and throttle modulation. Everything happens at a slow speed and you cannot mash the gas or brakes. Kudos to those who went out.
For the results of the Michelin Challenge Series please visit our web site. www.viperdays.com
Putnam is sold out but....
EAST Coast owners come to Watkins Glen on Oct 1 & 2. The event is a Monday - Tuesday. Come on and sign up now.
WEST Coast owners come to Las Vegas on Oct.12, 13 & 14. There is a Corvette Driving school before the event at Ruppert Bragg Smiths school. This is a great school and you can learn how to drive this track but more importantly get some great instruction.
Hope to see you at the track,
Skip

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Skip always talks about everyone else ( in a positive manner ), but often we forget to thank him,Courtney, Traci, Tammy, Nancy, Penny, Dean, and crew. His rolling test-bed (2001 GTS with Archer header, Borla exhaust, Stop-Tech brakes, Autoform body, Hoosier tires ) was on the track most of both days, and Skip was running fast in both races. The crazy thing was he probably had 4 laps on the track prior to the races,because EVERYONE ELSE WAS DRIVING HIS CAR !!! Joe Ellis ran a session in the number 33, then Dean Hoover, and then some mystery humanoid. I think at the next event we should all drive up in our SUV's , rental cars, trucks, etc. and just drive Skip's car - and may the best man/woman win. Pretty good testimonial to the Viper Days sponsors, and with a 5th place finish with no track time, great drive Skippy !

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We sure are looking forward to the Putnam Park Viper Days !!
bounce.gif

OP
OP
S

Skip at Viper Days

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel that I would like to give everyone a ride in the 2001 GTS. It is truly awesome!! Archer Racing Accessories, Autoform, Bobby Archer Motorsports, McCann Racing and Woodhouse Dodge -- without them this car would not have materialized. As for driving it....just ask. Remember it is for sale! I will just build another one!!
biggrin.gif

See you at the track,
Skip

Hot Rod Sue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a blast!

Viper Days at Road America was great. Skip, Courtney, Tracy, Tammy, Bruce, et al, put on one heck of an event. They always do! Jim and I drove our Viper up to WI from Texas specifically to join this awesome group on a world-class track.

The track itself is amazing. The straightaways are l o n g. The corners only seem to come in two varieties: fast and blind or greater than 90 degrees! I spent the first day and a half just learning to brake and downshift without throwing the car off-course. I wish I had another two days on that track.

The track was only half the fun though. We had a great time meeting old friends again and making new ones. My instructor was great, as were all my unofficial instructors that I turned to for advice.

Some highlights of the weekend for me were:
- The field mouse that ran across the track in front of me on turn 14!
laugh.gif

- Riding with Skip for a hot lap and seeing my legs go to zero gravity as he
braked into turn 5.
- Doing over 120 mph all day long without a single thought of flashing lights behind me.
biggrin.gif

- Hearing the roar from the racers’ cars as they sped by on the front straightaway.
- The great Viper camaraderie that you can’t get anywhere else.
cool.gif

Jim and I are already thinking about making the long trek again next year but Skip, please come back to Texas World Speedway too. It’s a fun, safe track and more and more Texas Viper drivers are coming out to the track.
Please, Skip, Please.
bounce.gif

Thanks for the great weekend!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip,

TWS is a better TRACK, but TMS has better AMENITIES - both on and off the track.

Missing all the fun this year.....Hope next year is better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang