Roe Racing SRT Blower

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While thumbing through the Roe Racing site and their blower questions and answers page and dyno sheets, I came across a dyno sheet for a SRT. I am not sure if anyone else has noticed or heard anything about it but it looks like is make some good power - 587 rwhp and 604rwtq. the Hp curve is very linear and 500lbs of tq at 2,000 and maintains roughly 600 from 2,500 rpm on. Nice numbers.

Has anyone heard anything about production for the SRT? I assume it will be the same style as the GENII.

Here is a link.

http://www.roeracing.com/faq/index.asp

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats funny that you posted this because I e-mailed them yesterday asking whats going on with it...was told it would be ready in a few months last year :eek:

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called about 6 months ago and was told they were working on it and expected a mid summer launch.

It's always good to have competition.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any imput on how the numbers and dyno sheet compare with a paxton blower?

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW the dyno sheet is "projected numbers" that may as well have been drawn in with a crayon.

Comparisons are useless.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed it said "projected". Thanks.

I would assume they had a SRT on the dyno and made those numbers but they are simply "projected" since they are not from the finished product. I would also assume they didnt just make that chart up. It does seem reasonable given the numbers that the GENII car put down.

Just my $0.02

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They recently did either a side mount or top mount system on a customers SRT Ram on a safe boost level. I believe from what I've been reading on the srt10forum.com and vtcoa.com (viper truck club of america) its one of the top priorities. I believe the top mount version (similar to the Gen I and II) will be the one produced.

scroll down about 1/2 way and you'll see a pic of the side mount version:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a response from Sean today...

Hi Ricky,
Yes, it just keeps getting pushed back for one reason or another.
Unfortunately, the whole process is taking a lot longer than it used to, between the new things we've had to learn about on the Gen 3 engine (acts different than the G1 & G2 with boost) and how busy the shop has become.
I can't give you a date, but we work on it every week and have gone through about 10-12 different designs getting it all sorted out.
Regards,
Sean

On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:12:09 -0700 "Ricky Dhadwal" <[email protected]> writes:
Sean,
Are you guys still planning on coming out with a srt viper supercharger? I was told last year it would be out in a few months but still nothing from you guys. Thanks
Ricky

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a response from Sean today...
I can't give you a date, but we work on it every week and have gone through about 10-12 different designs getting it all sorted out.

If they put that much effort into finding someing that's an improvement over the Paxton option (which isn't bad) then we all win.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that the gen 4's will be out b/f that blower.

I really like roe racing its a shame that I never had a chance to put one of their blowers on any of my cars.

vd..

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I know many people here have Paxton and are happy with it, awesome and i am happy for you and glad you are not having any problems!

But from my experience, and what I've seen out there... Paxton not even for free! I've personally seen at least two of those babies blow themselves up, and in one case send a nice stream of debri down the intake, into the plenum.

Maybe quality has gone up lately, who knows..

I do not have the SRT supercharged, but if I ever did I would not use anything other than VORTECH, or PROCHARGER.

I have used both brands in other applications, and these things are BULLETPROOF. Back in my streetracing days, I'd run at least 4-5 races/day, 2 days a week, for at least a couple of years each... never one single problem.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have meant it will send the debris UP the intake, through the intercooler (2 pass by the way) and into the intake.

Can't say I have heard of a single occurrence like that. And the alternatives you mentio do not make a Gen III kit. So are you saying that we should start from scratch rather than use the proven Paxton kit, because of a bad experience you had with a Mustang?

Yep, you sure swayed me.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know many people here have Paxton and are happy with it, awesome and i am happy for you and glad you are not having any problems!

But from my experience, and what I've seen out there... Paxton not even for free! I've personally seen at least two of those babies blow themselves up, and in one case send a nice stream of debri down the intake, into the plenum.

Maybe quality has gone up lately, who knows..

I do not have the SRT supercharged, but if I ever did I would not use anything other than VORTECH, or PROCHARGER.

I have used both brands in other applications, and these things are BULLETPROOF. Back in my streetracing days, I'd run at least 4-5 races/day, 2 days a week, for at least a couple of years each... never one single problem.

come on

for free you would take 5 and sell em on ebay!!! :hitfan:

btw what car would you put a blower on?

vd..

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Up/ down.... same thing. and this was on a non-intercooled car. so it did go in fact straight in the plenum.

No, no mustangs here... 2x LS1 vettes, 1x LS1 Z28, an M3 and a 996.

But the blown Paxtons were on a friend's Vette, and yes, a Mustang at the street races...

I am not saying you buy/don't buy anything... I am just commenting on my experience with Paxton.

The only hard thing about a blower kit is the bracket. Other than that, it is pretty simple. I've been off the Viper scene a few years so I am not up to date on the blower manufacturers. Again, What blower does Roe use??

You must have meant it will send the debris UP the intake, through the intercooler (2 pass by the way) and into the intake.

Can't say I have heard of a single occurrence like that. And the alternatives you mentio do not make a Gen III kit. So are you saying that we should start from scratch rather than use the proven Paxton kit, because of a bad experience you had with a Mustang?

Yep, you sure swayed me.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lack of an intercooler makes the tune much more difficult as intake temps can get very high. The Paxton kit includes bracketry, drive system, intercooler (water to air), a colsed intercooler cooling system, a high pressure fuel system, a piggy back spark and fuel pressure control system all closely matched to work pretty well out of the box. Not perfect, and certainly not tuned for the absolute, but a whole lot more than a bracket. It is also a Novi 2000 which may not have been what you used on the 5.7L or 5.4L applications mentioned.

Note also the Paxton is centrifugal and the Roe is positive displacement (twin screw). But the most significant factor is NO ONE ELSE MAKES A GEN III SUPERCHARGER.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with the Paxton kit on the gen3 cars......now if I could just get the wife to anti up for the $$$ I would do her install for free ( and a little lovin :) )

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had many ford cars thru the years with the Paxon unit and have never experenced any problems at all. I like the Paxon unit as it comes as a complete kit unlike others that you need to come up with all the different parts. I have had some people tell me they can not wait till Roe comes out with their unit as they feel it is better looking on the viper tahn the Paxon. Roe does a fine job on his products and Sean will not release the product until he feels it is correct. Is the wait worth it? that's your call. But id I wanted to go the blower route I would go with the Paxon for now until it can be compaired in real life with the new Roe unit once it is released to the public.
Robbie