roe racing upgrades

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in the middle of building a 97 gts for the 1/4 Mile. I have put roe heads, jesel rockers, b&b headers and complete 3" dual exhaust, and a roe super charger on it. It has the vec2 comp and the Mallory fuel cmp programmer. Does any one have similar upgrades and if they do do they now what HP they have and an idea of what time i should run in the 1/4 mile....any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tom H. :buttkick:

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it has a 8 LBS pully on it thanks for your help..

Tom

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you planning on using NOS? If not I run a 10.7 at 133 without. I don't have heads like you, so I bet you could get 10.3-4 at 137.

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks,I was hoping for low 10,sec maybee i will have to juice up thanks again for the info....
tom h

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks you were right !! i made only one pass because i had no jacket or fire extinguisher and ran 10.36 @ 134 mph w a 1.58 60' thanks again

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about times yet but I just finished building a 97 GTS set up for the 1/4 mile. It has: Roe heads, 10lbs pulley, MSD volt-up box, water **** and we're shoting NOS & Propane. It dyno'd at 829hp & 968tq! :2tu: We are hoping for under 10sec? Maybe the owner will posts some time slips here?

OP
OP
R

RENTME

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will try to post slip tomorrow it was at N.E. Dragway sun may 21 WHAT DOES THE **** AND PROPANE ADD FOR hp ?

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't see the benefit of running both the w/m and the nitrous/propane.
w/m= lower iat and more fuel(depending on how much **** you spray).
n20/propane= lower iat, additional air volume and more fuel.
i used to run the blower w/m system on the streets, but at the track i would run blower/n2o.
thats alot of add on supplements you need to get the roe to produce huge power. how long is the check list that you would have to perform before every run?

that's why i went to the simplicity of tt's and got rid of the 3-4 power adder creation.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thing to do is figure out how fast you
want to go and then build the car to do it.
A lot easier and better results.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't see the benefit of running both the w/m and the nitrous/propane.
w/m= lower iat and more fuel(depending on how much **** you spray).
n20/propane= lower iat, additional air volume and more fuel.
i used to run the blower w/m system on the streets, but at the track i would run blower/n2o.
thats alot of add on supplements you need to get the roe to produce huge power. how long is the check list that you would have to perform before every run?

that's why i went to the simplicity of tt's and got rid of the 3-4 power adder creation.

The benefit ??? More power together than seperate. Not everyone has the bucks for a TT and in my case I also want the low end response of the twin screw blower. You are right on the check lists etc......there should be a decent amount (or more) of knowledge to run alll this stuff at once.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check that car put down 829hp & 968...wow, thats impressive.

its gotta be the highest HP car yet from you....way to go.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony, if you add up all the extra parts and work you have to do on top of the roe blower for big hp, you will add up almost to the price of a diy tt set-up. except that your retail price is very good on roe+free install.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tony, if you add up all the extra parts and work you have to do on top of the roe blower for big hp, you will add up almost to the price of a diy tt set-up. except that your retail price is very good on roe+free install.

Right now there is only one DIY ..... from SVS, or is Paolo shipping yet ? SVS is $12,500 plus install, but you are right.....not to many thousands between the two. The DIY TT's are so new I forget about them.

Roe: $7500 installed, W/M around $500 installed, headers $1750+ Then if you need/want more add n02 for another $800 to $2000????

Maybe you have a valid point ;)

That said....I'm not thru with the Roe...in fact....look for some surprises before the end of the summer ;)

I am set up with SVS and would love to do a sale and install on their system. I would like (one day) to have the Roe on the SRT10 with autocross tires....it would be almost unbeatable..........then I could do some turblets on the GTS ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper