Rollbar

proggod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the DC performance roll bar, or any other rollbars they would recommend?

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures of their roll bar in my car are one the DC website. Click on the Viper logo and then on Safety & Fabrication.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have an Autoform Roll Bar in my SRT-10. Check their website for photos.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my 2006 with an Autoform rollbar and TeamTech harnesses:

car_3.jpg

/Rich

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks could you post some pics of seat cover with harnesses out of way if possible i would like to see centers is that a viper or srt-10 logo in center

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my 2006 with an Autoform rollbar and TeamTech harnesses:

/Rich

That looks great. How involved is the installation of those rollbars anyway? I'd like to get one and maybe install it myself, but if it's too much work I'd just leave it to a professional.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sylvan, here you go:

4722IMG_3951.jpg

wetokole can actually put a variety of logos on the car such as "Dodge", "Viper SRT-10" etc. I just chose the plain "Viper" logo because it matches the logo on the stock seats beneath.

ILTTG:

I had the rollbar installed by my local Dodge dealer; they reported that theinstall went pretty smoothly but frankly I know I lack the mechanical skill for a job this size/complexity ( I think you need to remove body panels, etc.).

/Rich

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahh ok, makes sense. Seat covers look great by the way. If you don't mind my asking, how much were you charged for the installation?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh ok, makes sense. Seat covers look great by the way. If you don't mind my asking, how much were you charged for the installation?

Don't recall exactly; my fuzzy recollection is that the rollbar was about $1600 and the install was about another $600?

/Rich

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, my pleasure. I think I will skip these seat covers for my 2008 Viper because they are offering a blue/black two-tine interior but for the black interiors of the non-Mamba 2003-2006 models the covers gave some much needed color.

/Rich

OP
OP
P

proggod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any disadvanatge going with the autoform as opposed to the dc performance rollbar? The autoform looks better in my opinion..

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it looks better to you then go with it. I don't know about the autoform, but the DC provides some additional torsional rigidity.

I like the DC look better but many people run the autoform and are very happy with it.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it looks better to you then go with it. I don't know about the autoform, but the DC provides some additional torsional rigidity.

I like the DC look better but many people run the autoform and are very happy with it.

Jon B may want to chime in here but I believe that the Autoform rollbar is SCCA and Viper Days approved. I do not believe that the rollbar complies with NHRA regulations, however.

/Rich

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the autoform bar is a bolt in. If this is incorrect please advise. The DC Performance which I have is welded into the frame of the car. I also feel the cross bar adds additional rigidity. Bill

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried to go to the website and can't find the viper setup for the seat covers...
Did you call up and request a special order?

I was definitely like to have these.....

Joe

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup -- just call wetokole and let them know what year and model Viper and they can work with you. They will also send you some color swatches to allow you to select which color combinations you like.

Regarding the Autoform rollbar, I do believe it is a bolted on, not welded to the frame.

/Rich

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Structurally, these two bars are pretty similar as there aren't too many different places to attach them to our cars. The Autoform bar is bolted in to my car but could be welded if needed.

Go with what you like.

Dan

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a DC Performance roll bar and believe it is very different than the Autoform.

First the DC roll bar has a continuous upper horizontal bar connecting the top of the loop sections. Note that this bar is high enough to not block the view from the rear view mirror.

I asked DC to provide me with a written description of their roll bar for presentation to tech inspectors. The description reads in part as follows:
"The roll bar is bent from 1-3/4" dia. 0.120" wall thickness 1020 steel round tubing. Two lateral support tubes of the same material are tig welded to the bar at a 25 degree angle. The bar attaches to the upper frame section in 4 places by means of a male-female socket system and (4) 10mm retaining bolts. Additionally, the 2 outboard roll bar legs extend through the factory upper frame structure and attach to a 2"x2"x1/8" square tube mig welded between this upper frame rail and the bottom frame rail, on each side of the vehicle a 3" x 3/26" HR flat bar gusset supports this connection"

Their installation requires removal of the rear wheels and fender liners to weld the additional supports to the frame.

I hope this helps.

OP
OP
P

proggod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't like the looks of the dc performance roll bar. I think i am going to end up with the autoform.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the cost and install requirements on each? Are there only these 2?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost for the autoform rollbar through partsrack was about $1700 as I recall and the total cost including intallation by my dealer was about $2400.

/Rich

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

So what "certifications" do each of the rollbars have?

What are the differences?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the autoform is scca and viper days approved but would not satisfy nhra requirements (at least for certain speeds).

/Rich

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And NHRA approval would be necessary for certain drag racing speeds?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960