Rollup garage doors

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately I see so much cool stuff at trade shows I can't keep ALL the literature for the different companies. The entire show is just garage doors so there are tons of cool products and different door styles there. There was even one comany that makes doors that look like real heavy wood hinged doors but they are slide up (standard) type doors. Very cool. There is a house in Lakes Las Vegas ($$$$$$$$ celebrity homes) that has huge wooden castle like doors on the house and matching look-a-like doors from this company and the pictures from their house are used as the poster be the advertising(maybe the owner:dunno:) but damn if I can't remember the name of the company.

An entire show is just garage doors? Wow. Talk about specialized interests. Is there that great a variety in those things? Don't answer that. I know there is a lot to choose from.

If you can massage your brain and come up with the name of that company "that makes doors that look like real heavy wood hinged doors but they are slide up (standard) type doors" I would really appreciate it. That sounds just exactly like what I want for my home, or my future home.

I could search the 'net and track it down myself but it's more satisfying to ask someone else to do the work for me.:D

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the iDRIVE system lets you bring the standard doors up as high to the ceiling as you can get. They are slightly tappered but they **** right up there. Mine came with electronic deadbolt system and a 48 hr UPS power supply all mounted on the side. They did not affect the lift in any way as they run aginst the walls and roof. I even changed out the garage doors (double and a single) to insulated Dalton ones and they are R-20. Nice an cozy here in Colorado now.

I do not recall seeing a wind up door that would meet convenent controlled communities. Those are usually aluminum doors and very commerical.

Hope that helps!