Rotating the tires?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

Why would you have to remount the tires. I don't know what year or type of tires are involved. I believe my wheels and tires are bi-directional, allowing rotation left to right and visa-versa without remounting. This was not true with the original wheels or tires but is now.

Ron

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked my tires. They are non-directional. Same as original equipment from 96 through 98 (I think). I am not sure of the benefits of rotation but it is possible with my tires and wheels.

Ron

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also considered doing this when I was running more camber in front and the wear was excessive on the inside. Unfortunately, I have had a tendency to wear out the rears quickly enough that it has always worked out about evenly. Also, Michelin keeps obsoleting tires so it wouldn't really help much. If you save your fronts for 6K more miles, then when the rears wear out, you still have to buy a complete set because you can't mix the tires.

I guess that JonB just has so many ARP awards of his own that he is just anxious to share them now. Maybe the Partsrack bought them in bulk?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of anal-retentive...

I have "summer" and "winter" tires for my Viper. I put XGT-Zs on the car from May thru October, then put MXX3s on for the cooler months. Before the tires come off the rims, I get a grease pencil and mark the side I want mounted "out" for the next season.

BTW, the local Bridgestone/Firestone dealer here does a rimclamp mount & Hunter 9700 balance for $44!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about ARP. Do to this discussion I checked my tires and lo and behold it is time for a new set. $1400 and an opportunity to put in a new battery (it was 6 years old so why press it). That's what I get for following this thread. I'm certain that if I had not read this thread my tires would have lasted at least another 10 or 20,000 miles.
You must be registered for see images

Ron