Rough idle, valve train noise

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes the valvetrain noise is very normal.my 96 was a touch louder than my 2000,but they both had engine noise and both ran like a bat out of hell.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about the rough idle.... But the Viper definately has valve noise. It's normal, lotsa valves going up and down....
smile.gif
Thta's a good thing.

Gerald

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Others MAY disagree...but to me, our 2001 Viper has MUCH more noise coming from valves/injectors than our 95, 96, 97 99.

OP
OP
W

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to every one for this INF makes me feel mush better. on the idel it sounds like a hi lift cam, and really pinus you in 3 gear very happy with the way the car performs. i had a BMW M ROADSTER WHICH WAS PUMPING OUT 411 HP AT THE CRANK STAGE 2 SUPERCHARGER AND AIR OVER WATER INTERCOOLER WAS VERY FAST AND HATED TO UNLOAD THIS CAR BUT IT WAS A STEPING STONE TO THE VIPER WHICH NOW I WISHED I WOULD JUST BOUGHT THE VIPER. THIS CAR IS JUST A REAL PLEASUR TO DRIVE AT LEGAL SPEEDS AND YOU FEEL THERE IS NOTHING TO PROVE WHEN THESE PESKIE 911 PORSCHE AND THE CORVETTS POUNCE ON YOU AND TRY TO PUSH YOU DOWN THE X WAY. i WILL SAY THAT BAN FOR YOUR BUCK THE CORVET IS HARD TO BEAT, BUT THEY LACK TWO THINGS BRUTE FORCE AND OUTSTANDING DESIGN.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Don't know about the rough idle.... But the Viper definately has valve noise. It's normal, lotsa valves going up and down....
smile.gif
Thta's a good thing.
Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yup. Get used to it. I have. (Reluctantly.) If it's OK, it's OK.