Roush, Saleen could be the future for the viper!

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the current crisis in the capital markets, I do not see anyone buying the Viper Brand soon. The credit needed to buy the brand is not available right now....maybe around June of next year.

I doubt anyone would pay cash for the acquisition.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're not sure what else you could make on the V10 sportscar platform, considering that convertible, coupe and hard-core track-day versions are already in line-up. But we'd sure be interested to find out.

Put a chopped and channeled Jeep body on it. It would be an incredible looking vehicle. Or, make a smaller, more radical looking Challenger body and drop it on top of it. Or, just sell the car without body panels to people that want to build there own body. Can you imagine how incredible a chopped and channeled 1952 Mercury body would be on a Viper V10 platform? Remember Cobra's car from the Stallone movie?

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what they're getting. If it's CAAP and all, then $100 mil would be about right as it would be pretty much turn-key. I still think the major issue is going to be distribution/sales if a company like Roush or Saleen takes over. They'd have to have some type of dealership...and I only know of a handful of dealerships that keep Vipers on hand in inventory.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yah i guess distribution going to be a challenge !

the viper is a money maker its just unfortunate lately

who would believe someone turned away a new Ferrari 599 for a 2008 viper !

i saw that personally

this is love at it best.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the name Penske a few times when I was up in Detroit. :dunno:
I can find out about this one as i know Rogers son Mark personally .(My ex busineess partners brother is partners in business with Mark.)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys amaze me! No one remembers THIS car?Yhe Firepower? Built on Viper platform with 6.1 Hemi drivetrain. Tuned for luxury and a price point much lower than Viper. It was pretty much ready to go, canceled at the last minute and I for one would buy it in a minute as a daily driver.

firepower-side.jpg

firepower.jpg

firepower-chrysler.jpg

Chrysler Firepower concept car

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah but the car looks an aweful lot like the Shleby GR-1 too. I don't have a pictuer, but they almost looked identical. Saleen and Roush actually built the GR-1 at Saleen in Detriot.

It can go any which way.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This pic bothers me...

firepower-chrysler.jpg

If this car (or a version of it) is produced, for the love of chicken wings, put a manual tranny in it! I was with someone this weekend who said he loved the new Challenger's but everytime he saw the stupid ("stupid" isnt the word he used, but I can't post what his real word was :D ) auto trans in them it made him sick. Yes, I did tell him the 09' had a manual tranny option so hopefully he'll consider buying one.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys amaze me! No one remembers THIS car?Yhe Firepower? Built on Viper platform with 6.1 Hemi drivetrain. Tuned for luxury and a price point much lower than Viper. It was pretty much ready to go, canceled at the last minute and I for one would buy it in a minute as a daily driver.

firepower-side.jpg

firepower.jpg

firepower-chrysler.jpg

Yep, Lee, Kala and I have wondered about this too...why NOT produce this car? I for one would seriously consider it. ~juli

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

firepower-side.jpg

firepower.jpg

firepower-chrysler.jpg

I've seen it in person and sat in it... beautiful car. I'd buy one of those before getting my second viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This pic bothers me...

firepower-chrysler.jpg

If this car (or a version of it) is produced, for the love of chicken wings, put a manual tranny in it! I was with someone this weekend who said he loved the new Challenger's but everytime he saw the stupid ("stupid" isnt the word he used, but I can't post what his real word was :D ) auto trans in them it made him sick. Yes, I did tell him the 09' had a manual tranny option so hopefully he'll consider buying one.

Nah... it's a luxury cruiser. I'd prefer it auto. Stick a TT in it and give the Veyron a run for its money. :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta agree with RMBSRT, there is no financing at the moment with the markets in flux at the moment....the Viper is POSITIVELY a Dodge vehicle until that shakes out. The only thing we have to worry about is a Euro-based buyer(s) with European based financing.....and from what was said at VOI X I don't believe that will be an option.

Regards,
Aaron