RSI Twin Turbo 1250 Gen 5 SRT Viper Heading to Idaho| RacingSolutions.com

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I'm sure most people here don't realize that the brake package is more money than a high priced GEN II. I priced those Brakes last year, and when Brembo sent me a reply, I knew I wasn't in the Big Boys club, far from it.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go.......

This was an email I received just before VOI last year, obviously it's for a Gen II. It outline the costs for CCM-R as well as iron disks at the bottom. Anyway this outlines how incredible these new brakes perform.

Armen,

Thanks for contacting Brembo and Race Technologies via our on line web form.

We have several options for the ACR Viper. We do have CCM-R available as one option, although we have not developed a system for the ACR Viper at this point. If it was possible to offer that system it would be 4-6 weeks minimum lead time. Suggested Retail for the front and rear kit would be $32,995 with GT calipers, $42,995 with GT-R calipers.

The CCM-R disc performance is a great leap beyond current CCM or PCCB technology. Here are a few features that stand out:
· Developed in European motorsports competition.
· Blend of F1 Carbon technology and CCM street with the thermal conductivity typical of an F1 disc.
· Can be used with traditional organic or ceramic friction materials.
· Through Brembo’s experience gained in Formula 1, the new discs use computational fluodynamic (CFD) modeling techniques that has resulted in a unique venting system that ensures operating temperatures will be minimized in all conditions.
· Systems come pre-bedded, so no break-in is required.
· Unlike racing carbon – carbon systems, the CCM-R discs require no warm up, they will work first time the brakes are used.
· The discs are not fragile like early PCCB and CCM discs.
· Life for street use is expected to be over 100,000 miles.
· Up to 50 hours of life in racing.
· Up to 100 hours of track time use. 75 track days at 10 track days per year would give 8 years of life.
· Significantly increased life and reduced wear in any conditions; track, race or street use.

You may want to consider a GT-R system with iron discs as well. The GT-R calipers have heat defense built into the calipers and would be ideal for a track-based car like your ACR.

Model

Year

Caliper

Disc Size and Type

Part Number
Note

GT Retail

GT-R Retail

From

To

Pistons

Finish

Drilled

Slotted
Viper RT-10, GTS Front

1992​

2000​

4​

B, R, S​

355x32 2-Piece​

1B1.8007A​

1B2.8007A​

$3,595​

-​
Viper RT-10, GTS Front

1992​

2000​

6​

B,R,S,Y​

355x32 2-Piece​

1M1.8017A​

1M2.8017A​

$3,795​

$8,195​
Viper RT-10, GTS Front

1992​

2000​

6​

B,R,S,Y​

380x32 2-Piece​

1M1.9036A​

1M2.9036A​

$4,350​

$8,795​
Viper RT-10, GTS Rear

1992​

2000​

4​

B, R, S​

345x28 2-Piece​

2C1.8004A​

2C2.8004A​

5,6​

$3,295​

-​
Viper RT-10, GTS Rear

1992​

2000​

4​

B,R,S,Y​

345x28 2-Piece​

2P1.8014A​

2P2.8014A​

5,6​

$3,395​

$7,895​
Viper RT-10, GTS Hand-Brake

1992​

2000​

1​

B​

2D0.8001A​

$1,150​

-​

See our website for more information on the features of the GT-R calipers http://www.racetechnologies.com/page3-43/GTRSystems

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:^^Incredible little detail. Thx. Thats a hell of a brake kit to put on a car to only go fast in a straight line. Would love to see this beast carve up a track like VIR etc. At that price point it probably will be a while before a kit like that will be factory stock option on any factory racer this side of 500k.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nixon's SRT
WOW, take this as a compliment, "never to get on your bad side". I mean that respectfully.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, this is gonna get ugly. One a side note the Gen V is one helluva good looking car. Those pics of the Viper are awesome looking. The fact that an old school Vette, that's been auto crossed all its life, won speaks volumes to me. Yes it's been modernized, but it's one bad ****.
If anyone can answer this before this threads goes South (I'm betting on that), what is the Optima deal anyway. It seems there's some subjective points in the mix, another words, it may not really be about performance as much as its a good old boys club that throws the party in someone's favor. Can anyone who knows verify that, oh and I'm sorry if I'm derailing the thread.

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the OUSCI event, we were sidelined in the middle of the second event due to a cam position sensor. Overall the car ran great and looked fantastic. It was disappointing that we couldn't finish the Optima event, but this car will be competing all over and running around Miller Motorsports Park on a regular basis.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite car at that event.

You must be registered for see images attach

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At the OUSCI event, we were sidelined in the middle of the second event due to a cam position sensor. Overall the car ran great and looked fantastic. It was disappointing that we couldn't finish the Optima event, but this car will be competing all over and running around Miller Motorsports Park on a regular basis.

i had a cam sensor go out on the gen v i owned from doing a long burn out. can you get around that in the future with the new computer?

OP
OP
W

Will at RSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a cam sensor go out on the gen v i owned from doing a long burn out. can you get around that in the future with the new computer?

The cam sensor issue was simply a bad sensor. It happens and there isnt much that can be done to prevent it. Luckily, it is not a common issue.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I have read more than once of the Gen IV cam sensors kicking the bucket.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Problem or not, that is one sick ass Viper.

Price seems a bit steep? Does it cost that much to get that kind of power?
It is (bored?) and stroked, rods, pistons, etc. That adds up right there. And then there is the computer stuff, so I guess it all adds up.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem or not, that is one sick ass Viper.

Price seems a bit steep? Does it cost that much to get that kind of power?
It is (bored?) and stroked, rods, pistons, etc. That adds up right there. And then there is the computer stuff, so I guess it all adds up.
The biggest cost factor is the R&D is spread across so few units. Corvettes these mods are dirt cheap - because they will build as many C7's this year as Vipers have ever been built.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yeah, huh, limited runs mean more money.

People of talent and skill deserve a decent living, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper