Sad Day - My 2001 RT/10 Has Been Sold!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the day has come, my baby has been sold. It still does not seem real but a quick look in the garage confirms it! I have been fortunate enough to own this great car for exactly 6 years and 1 day. I took delievery on March 12th, 2003 and it was sold on March 13th, 2009! Ironic? I like to think so.

Over the last 6 years, I have met lots of great people and have had a TON of fun with this car. From attendeing Viper Club events, to driving up to New Hampshire, to even driving down to Florida twice; this car has been one amazing vehicle! It has seen everything and proof is in the pudding. 56,000 miles and I still had smiles! I must say though, that when I sold the vehicle, it was a little touching but I think the car is in good hands. It was sold locally to a police officer who has told me that his dreams have come true. Athur, I wish you the best of luck with the car and hope to see you on MANY future runs!

Now For A Little Look Back At The Past:

TAKING DELIVERY - MARCH 2003
You must be registered for see images

NEW HAMPSHIRE - JUNE 2004

NEW HAMPSHIRE JUNE 2004 - WOW I LOOK GOOFY!

NEW CHROME WHEELS - JANUARY 2006

NEW I-FORGED WHEELS - JANUARY 2007

CARS & CANDY - MARCH 2007

CARS & CANDY - MARCH 2007

TOYS FOR TOTS RALLY - NOVEMBER 2007

FLORDIA TRIP #2 (HITTING 50,000 MILES!) - MAY 2008

VIPER IN PALM BEACH (FLORIDA TRIP #2) - MAY 2008

AND THE LAST ONE - THE DAY IT SOLD

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looks like a lot of great memories with her. She also looks like you took real good care of her judging from the shine when you sold her.

If you don't mind me asking is it due to the economy or just need a change and will be getting something else, it is a buyers market. :2tu:

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad day indeed! Hope u get something just as special for all your future memories.

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to see her go. I hope you replace it with something equally as exciting. Whether it be a car or something else.
Good luck.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys.

As for the reason for the sale, thought it was time for something new but as of now can't find anything!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Except for the higher miles (mine has 19.6k) and different MY (mine is a '99) yours looks exactly like mine before your iForged wheels. What's the market price on something like that nowadays?

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except for the higher miles (mine has 19.6k) and different MY (mine is a '99) yours looks exactly like mine before your iForged wheels. What's the market price on something like that nowadays?

I had been watching RT/10s like crazy before I sold mine and the truth is, the market overall dropped. The GTS also is the favored out of the GEN II line but with that being said my competiton were $32K - $33K cars (if they wanted to sell) with under 20K miles. Low low mileage cars (8K and under) are mid $30s to high 30s cars depending on color. The days of $40K GEN II RT/10s are slim unless it is a super low mileage example with a great color combo. The biggest thing to watch is that the prices being asked are just that, ASKED, they are RARELY sold for that.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there was no need to get involved in painting this car... He priced it to sell with all the flaws, and it sold.. If he had painted the facia, I'm sure it would have made other areas of the car look that much worse. whats next? Nothing wrong with a z06.. They a great cars, in a much different way than a viper.. A Z06 is a good car to use everyday. Not quite the visual presence of a viper. But a very good car. I had a C5 Z06, that I put 35,000 miles on in 2 years (daily driver). The car did not miss a beat.

I think the next Viper I buy, is going to be a D.D. I'm tired of letting cars sit in my garage depreciating. Life is too short for it. If you had kept your car in A+ condition, and only put 5k miles on it.. What could you have got for it right now? $35k ??.... So, for the difference you got to enjoy all those miles with it.. Well done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TaxMan, great words! You are right. Now the people with 5K on their cars are not getting much more for their cars. I had fun with the car and that is all that counts!

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TaxMan, great words! You are right. Now the people with 5K on their cars are not getting much more for their cars. I had fun with the car and that is all that counts!

You owned the car instead of letting it own you. They are meant to be driven. Hope to see you around.

Rev

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO!!!!!!!!! Go get it back......NOW!!!!!!!

Sorry you had to let it go mate.... If your to stay NY Secretary you best be buying another Viper...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, doesn't seem like that long about when you posted about the NY-FL trip...now get an 09!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets