Satin Snake Skin Green RT-10...what do you guys think??

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matte Snake Skin RT-10...what do you guys think??

I thought I would post pics of this up here, just to see what you guys think. It was recently redone in Snake Skin Green, and finished with a Satin Glow clear (an ACR-esque driver's stripe as also added, done in Viper Emerald). There was some discussion earlier about satin/matte finished vipers, so I figured I would show you guys yet another example.

I was originally on the fence about how it turned out... thought it was a little over-the-top looking, but it quickly grew on me. It could maybe have benefited from a set of 2Gen wheels finished in the same color perhaps, but I'm not sure.

so what do you think?? Is it good as-is?? I know this color probably isn't everyone's cup-of-tea.
You must be registered for see images

In the daylight, the satin makes it come alive...color looks even brighter than it already is

Last edited by a moderator:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Good!

Like most SSG cars, it seems you can't really appreciate the color unless you can see it in person.

OP
OP
J

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is the stripe.... Some say it needs dual striped. I suppose it's not too late to go with dual stripes (just add another). I agree about the wheels, but they worked with what they had. The fit and finish/body gaps are impeccable now. This guy put it back together to better than original.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason something about the car makes it look smaller than it is? Maybe it is the satin finish? Maybe the wheels?

Bigger size wheels in chrome may be what is missing... I like the color, the stripe is fine, wheels don't coordinate with the car, and I am not much into the satin look. As I said in another thread, the satin look makes it look like the body shop forgot to polish it out and left it wet-sanded. Just one dummies opinion... :D

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the color, love the finish, not a fan of the black rims or strip on the green, but that is just my opinion, what really matters is that you like it :2tu:

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it, definitly striking. Black chrome wheels would look awsome on it, I think. Stripe is ok :smirk:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the color, second one I've seen in SSG (Gen II is the other one).

Not a fan of the satin clear coat, just personal preference. I like a gloss finish, ala show car, prepped and finished to a mirror like shine.

Think change in wheels (chrome)..Gen II, or Gen IV 5/6 spokes.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:2tu: I like the color. Need some chrome wheels to set if off.

Silver stripe would have been better contrast, jmo.

What you like is what's important, not us.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the color&finnish. Good call. Also the wheel choice is nice how the black matches and brings out the sidsill cover. with larger/louder wheels i think the car would be too-much.

That single stripe looks lonely. Very lonely. Mirror that sucker over. The classic dual stripe looks amazing on the gen1/2 viper because how they accentuate the curves.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the color, second one I've seen in SSG (Gen II is the other one).

Not a fan of the satin clear coat, just personal preference. I like a gloss finish, ala show car, prepped and finished to a mirror like shine.

Think change in wheels (chrome)..Gen II, or Gen IV 5/6 spokes.

+1 i agree

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like everything except for the driver stripe. It just doesnt look good to me.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks good but would look better with different wheels. Lose stripe or add a second..but hey,you have a good lookin car! Tweak it to have a great lookin Viper .Just my .02.:drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456