Scottish VCA Spirit!

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always read stories of VCA members going out of their way to help out other members and just wanted to post a few examples of this all the way over here in Scotland.

Buying my Viper I knew there would be nowhere to take it if things went wrong, I knew I could do all the maintenance but was unsure what I would do if things broke that I didnt know how to fix myself......

First problem, I am 3 hours from home and my power steering pulley brakes! Well great (Yes I should have known this was going to happen but kept putting it off for more exciting mods), I give Colin a call just to get his take on it, at the time I thought it was my tensioner. Colin drops what he is doing and drives an hour to where I am with a tensioner off his own Viper to try and get me going! He immediately tells me its the PS pulley but waits and helps me get the car onto a flat bed without scraping the nose off. A few days latter he drives the 2 hours to my house with a Daves PS pulley and bracket which he happens to have spare, and fits it for me. :2tu:

Next problem my heater core wants to dump into my footwell
Well the wizard sends me a new heater core in record time and at a great price as always. I read through posts to see what I am dealing with, a garage are saying it would take them about 6 hours to change so im thinking will take me a lifetime! I call Colin and he makes the 2 hour trip into the highlands to give me a hand (do all the work while I watch and learn), he arrives and has this thing changed out in 2 hours! Thats stopping to chat as we go! Having taken a fraction of the time we move onto changing Diff fluid, Tranny fluid, spark plugs and wires then upload my new SCT tune! What a day! :D

The VCA Spirit has definitely spread over the pond!
Love owning a viper!!!

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Wish you could join us for VOI......:D

We need a Scottish representative.
Glad you received the help you needed.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
You know how to tell what clan a Scott is from? You look under his kilt, if he's got a Quarter Pounder, he's a "MacDonald"!

On a recent visit to Edinburough, found out some more about my family tree. No, no sheep, but did find out we are of Roman decent.Hadrian built a wall to keep the Scots out, and put "castles", (if you could call them that) at intervals along the wall. One such place bears our rare family name. That's as far back as I've ever heard anybody tracing their history. I think the dinosaurs were just before that.

Sorry to hear you've had such troubles. Mine's been mostly troublefree for 45,000 miles now. Glad you got it sorted out. Good luck with your snake, let us know if there is anything we can do.

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aye, theh land uf me ancesters. All Grehht things come froom Scotland!
:D
The family name's MacAlpin, ahn whe can trace our line back to the Greeeehht "An Ferbesach" Heemself, King of Picts- Kenneth MacAlpin.
:famous:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Let's have a sing-a-long! "Mull of Kintire". Together, everybody now! "Mull of Kintire, oh mist rollin in from the sea...My desire, is always to be here, on Mull of Kintire" :)

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm descended from the MacDonald Clan. A while back someone dropped the a from MacDonald to make it McDonald. That's actually my middle name.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive been to Colins up in Dunfermline(near Edinburgh) several times, when he's working on his cars he always wears his Kilt, its not a pretty sight ! :D

he's a Scottish equilavant of the 'The Wizard' when it comes to vipers, and just about anything else he puts his hands on, though he's more like a hob goblin than a wizard

Colin's paying me a visit in a few weeks so ill have to get the translation book out again, its like a whole different language you know ;)

Last edited: