Seems like prices are droping for gen2

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like prices are droping for Viper RT gen 2's. I have seen some 01/02 RT for like 34thru 36 price range. I think I am going to hold off until the end of the summer and start looking again. I think the gas prices has something to do with it:omg:

HardHitter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can't afford gas, you shouldn't be able to afford a car is my theory.

With that said, I'll be looking for someone who can't afford gas and has a GTS or RT/10 soon :)

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problems with the gas prices. I just saying why pay more for one now when 3 months down the road the car may be 2000 to 4000 dollars cheaper.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do think we have seen the bottom or near bottom for the gen 2.......as we getting into summer they will go back up

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are seeking a 4 owner 22000 mile car yes deals can still be had. The clean, low owner, low mileage, desirable color cars seem to be rising from last year. I would not wait too much longer if thats what you are seeking ( at least in my humble opinion).

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are seeking a 4 owner 22000 mile car yes deals can still be had. The clean, low owner, low mileage, desirable color cars seem to be rising from last year. I would not wait too much longer if thats what you are seeking ( at least in my humble opinion).

I have to agree with hemi, clean low mile no story Gen II Vipers are getting harder and harder to find and prices seem to reflect this. If this is what you are in the market for I would grab what you can at whatever price you can. I know I had a hard time finding my Sapphire/Silver back when I bought it. I could only imagine trying to find something as nice now. I have been following the market since I bought mine and it is VERY rare that I see a car for sale as nice as mine at any price.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since most people arnt daily driving their gen 2s I really doubt the price of gas is influencing either way. I also am not seeing this "price drop" at all, out of fun I always browse ebay/craigslist/autotrader a few times a week.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, most owners drive under 2k a year, gas price increases are noticeable but does not hurt the wallet for most viper owners

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with hemi, clean low mile no story Gen II Vipers are getting harder and harder to find and prices seem to reflect this. If this is what you are in the market for I would grab what you can at whatever price you can. I know I had a hard time finding my Sapphire/Silver back when I bought it. I could only imagine trying to find something as nice now. I have been following the market since I bought mine and it is VERY rare that I see a car for sale as nice as mine at any price.

Your right Frank, nice cars are getting harder to find

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices seem to be heading upward from what I can see. My friend picked up a gorgeous black 16,000 mile no excuses 99 RT/10 last year for $31k and I haven't seen anything close for a while now. I've seen FE GTS's up around $60k and very few GEN2 ACRs on the market. The highest price Viper is still a 98 GTS-R.

On the other hand I saw an 09 Lingenfelter ZR-1 sell for $70k at Mecum yesterday.

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thing the Gen IIs are going up, but Gen IIIs and IVs are dropping. Seems like some of the low mileage GTS' are around the same price as some of the higher mileage 2006 coupes!

I'd say once we get closer to the release of the Gen V, the prices will start to drop a little more for the Gen IIIs and IVs since people will start selling to buy the new one.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like prices are droping for Viper RT gen 2's. I have seen some 01/02 RT for like 34thru 36 price range. I think I am going to hold off until the end of the summer and start looking again. I think the gas prices has something to do with it:omg:

I don't ever stop looking, even when I'm not in the market for one. You never know when that deal of a lifetime will pop up!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
prices are pretty low right now and the good in that is it'll attract 1st time Viper owners which means inexperienced Viper drivers=more Viper Crashes=less Vipers=prices go back up "i think" :dunno:

troybax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my Gen 2 a couple months back at what i think is a very good price. It wasn't advertised anywhere. Someone just gave me a heads up on someone they knew that had one, and they were willing to sell. I assume they didn't want to go through the hassle of listing somewhere like ebay. I'm not sure about the selling prices but from what i have seen the asking prices are more then last year or year before.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Frankly the prices have been going up over the past 8-9 months ( especially if it a super clean Snake ) and contrary to popular belief , prices seldom go down because of Winter . We usually have our best months of the year in January , February and March. If you are looking for a Gen II, Gen III or Gen IV , they are seem to be creeping upward. This makes sense , as there are no new ones being built and the economy appears to be improving based on the automotive market.

Gas prices are going down at present, so why worry, and when most drive only 1000-2000 miles per year, why should it even matter?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly....

I think I am going to hold off until the end of the summer and start looking again

I am interested in this car. What is your professional opinion on it? IS it priced right. Does it look like it has been well kept?
Dodge : Viper - eBay (item 280628793785 end time Mar-04-11 11:41:08 PST)

Can someone run a carfax on the following 02 RT Viper 1B3ER65E02V101727

.....but with these gas prices I am a bit hesitant.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly....

Can someone run a carfax on the following 02 RT Viper 1B3ER65E02V101727

can't just go with carfax even though it does help most of the time, you still have to see the car. NEVER TRUST ebay's AUTO-CHECK, it's garbage and does not tell it all, not even close!!! As for the red 02 viper with low miles, I would offer $40K and go from there, it looks very clean...(ops, looks like it's sold)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten