Selling car FAST!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to make a nice profit on a business deal but time is REALLY of the essence. I have paid $500 to hold the deal until this Monday January 17th.

I am trying to decide what would be the best way to get the money I need. I have thought of 3 ways to get the money FAST!

1. I have a 2000 red RT/10. 32,000
VIN 1B3ER65E6YV604834 Titled and registered in my wife's name. YES she knows I am selling it :)
It is in good condition with a SLIGHT amount of damage to the left front fender. I have a quote from a Dodge dealership for complete repair is $350. I hit a plastic reflector and even in a picture you can not even see the damage.
I have the soft top which has NEVER been out of the bag. I also have a set of BRAND new rear tires here in FL I would send to you no charge for shipping.

The car is in winter storage in upstate NY. Do people think I could get $41K or so out of it? It has a 7/70,000 warranty.

MODS none except smooth tubes and filters.

2. I have a house in the Finger Lakes area of NY appraised value should come out at $90,000 but there is NO mortgage.

3. I also have a house in Florida near Orlando should appraise at 75K and NO mortgage.

I am looking to get 45K or so out of either house, but again it would have to be by January 17th so not much time.

I can get a mortgage on either house but not fast enough

I am willing to pay 10 - 12% with a 1 year balloon on either house.

If anyone is interested in buying the RT/10 or making a loan on either house just email me [email protected] or PM me and I can call you and give my home phone number.

Thanks

Mike

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
32,000 miles

Here is a pic of where the damage is. As I say VERY minor. You know it has to be minor if the Dodge dealership will do the entire thing for $350.

Damage is to hood just infront of left front tire.

[image]http://[******]/download.php?Number=465006[/image]

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised you can't go to your bank, put up either (of if needed both) houses and get a loan within 24-48 hours.

You have excellent collateral in the houses. Another thought is if you have some stocks to pledge a collateral (75% of face I think).

My advice is don't sell your assets-make them work for you.

JMHO

Bill
(p.s.-I'd sell my wife before I'd sell my Viper-but that's just me)

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised you can't go to your bank, put up either (of if needed both) houses and get a loan within 24-48 hours.

You have excellent collateral in the houses. Another thought is if you have some stocks to pledge a collateral (75% of face I think).

My advice is don't sell your assets-make them work for you.

JMHO

Bill
(p.s.-I'd sell my wife before I'd sell my Viper-but that's just me)

LOL I agree :) Actually I don't drive it much at all. AND if I can get the money for this business opportunity I could but a newer Viper within 6 months. Fortunately I do not HAVE to sell but I REALLY want to for this deal.

No I don't have stocks. I was suprised with the banks not being able to do something faster as well with 160K in unmortgaged properties. What takes the time is the slow paper work. They have to order an appraisal and a title search. Both of which I can get done within 2 days as I have the appraisers and the title search companies lined up. BUT the banks want to use their own people.

Well I am trying to upload an image but can't seem to be able to do it unless it is aleady up on the internet. You can see pics at the 'other' Viper board in the thread I made there.

Mike

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So refinance your car instead; problem solved. All you need is the title.

Good suggestion.

Thanks

Actually I wouldn't need to REfinance since I paid cash. I guess I am paying now for always buying stuff for cash lol

I already checked at my bank and they wont loan enough on it.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good suggestion.

Thanks

Actually I wouldn't need to REfinance since I paid cash. I guess I am paying now for always buying stuff for cash lol

SOME bank will loan you $41k on your car!

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good suggestion.

Thanks

SOME bank will loan you $41k on your car!

Thanks for the reply. Would you know of such a bank? My bank (Bank Of America) says wont go that high.

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Email sent........

I can make you a cash offer on the car. My email is havingfun at purelyonline dot com.

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the people who emailed me I am sorry if I have not gotten back to you. I was PMed by a couple guys who said they had emailed me but I THOUGHT I never received them.

I just found out that I had my email set to automatically dump the bulk emails and have lost a couple important emails.

So if I have not answered you and you are still interested email me again and I apologize for ignoring you. [email protected]

I have gotten an extension on the deal I need the money for and might actually fly up to NY and bring the car back down to FL>

Mike

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michael, be careful of anyone telling you that you can make a quick profit and they need your money right away. Scam artist always tell you they need your money right away and take it before you can think about what is really going on.

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael, be careful of anyone telling you that you can make a quick profit and they need your money right away. Scam artist always tell you they need your money right away and take it before you can think about what is really going on.

I appreciate the caution. But it isn't anything like that. The price is NOT the special thing.

It is the person I can RESELL it too where the profit is. I have sold to them before and they have actually already given me a deposit. So no one is pressuring me to buy since there are PLENTY of the item. It is the SELLER I need to get while they are still interested.

I have talked them into waiting until NEXT Friday January 21st so a little more time to find a buyer or a mortgage on either of the 2 houses.

Mike

OP
OP
M

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a few emails all with basically the same questions so here goes.

32,000 miles.

Red car with black interior.

VIN Number: 1B3ER65E6YV604834

Car is in Dudee NY zip code 32708 I have a relative who lives about 1.5 hours away if you would like to see it he can arrange to show it to you.

Car has a 7 year 75,000 mile warranty

Car has both top and the soft top has never even been out of the protective case.

Extra set of brand new rear tires but the tires are down here in FL with me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog