selling my toys and getting into a gen 3!!

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys, just want to introduce myself here after being a longtime lurker (here, viperalley, etc.) i am going to be pulling the trigger soon on a gen 3. im ready for something a bit more grown up, and something thats factory fast that will not bore me after a month and and force me to kill my wallet. about a week and a half ago, i test drove a 2010 c6 zo6, was curious to see if id like it more than the gen 3, and was overall very unimpressed with it. dealership dropped it off at my door and let me have it until the next day. it was comfortable and whatnot but just didnt blow me away. not like the viper did anyhow.

eventually id like to replicate 345sbspinnin n/a setup, but for the meantime simple boltons will suffice. for now im looking at just simple bolt ons. i just moved down to scottsdale area so if any viper members are on here, shoot me a line!

my current fleet of cars consist of a k20 turbo (402rwhp) lotus elise, and a built turbo ls1 350z (almost done, shooting for 850ish) and looking to unload these to buy a franchise, with the remainder of the money going towards a gen 3. any viper specialty shops located here in az?

heres some of my current, and past rides. i look forward to being part of this place and running into some of you! cheers guys!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

back when it was a built tt vq35

04 sl500 (huge moneypit!!!)

my previous m35x

350z track car (single turbo0 stripped, etc.)

evo 8 (gt3067r, 272, etc.)

built turbo gsr

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice stable of cars, post up some pics of the Gen 3 when you get it. I have a feeling that you'll be all over the Gen 3 with mods as soon as it arrives, I wouldn't hesitate to say that you already have some mods sitting in the garage waiting to be installed as soon as you get it. Also, post up how it compares with your other rides.:eater:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best of luck and congratulations and very welcome to the viper nation. keep us posted :2tu:

OP
OP
S

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys! first round of mods looks to be bellanger headers and exhaust, k@n, ps'2 and a set of coilovers, probably bc's if i cant pony up the cash for a set of kw's or motons.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Take a look at the MCS coilover offering as well. Basically a slightly less adjustable Moton, but same quality. Awesome ride and very reasonable price for such a quality piece.

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice cars. I love the Lotus. I'd love to own one one day. Good luck with the Gen III hunt. You're going to love it.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spartan.

After all those small displacement, high strung boosted engines, you are going to love the easy torque of the Viper V-10.

If you are looking for an 03 Viper, based on your previous cars, you might try to buy one already running a Paxton Supercharger. Few cars take to a low boost Paxton as well as a Viper.

With only 4-5 lbs boost you will be running close to 800 engine hp, and have a Viper that drives relaxed and easy at low RPM, but turns into a monster above 3500 RPM.

Just a thought. They sell pretty reasonable, and if they were installed by a reputable builder, they are super reliable.

OP
OP
S

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ive seen a few for very high 30's low 40's. so right in my price range. how are they with heatsoak? ive read some do some dont, but here in az its hot as hell (this week its 110, with little to no humidity). if i do find a paxton one its definitely getting a retune after i ditch the fmu and split second box. thanks for the words guys!!

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on looking to moving to a Gen 3. I'm a fan of your current/past cars (had the first single turbo 370Z and had a single turbo G35 before that). I have a set of Belanger headers and a Corsa exhaust for sale if/when you're interested.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxtons are indeed effected by air temps. They come with a air/water intercooler, but some go with larger ones.

For the most part, when driving around town in high temps, the boost is not an issue, and the car drives pretty normally.

As the temps go up, the boost will not be as great, so not as much peak power.

I took mine on the track, and as the day warmed up, the power went down, but still was significantly faster than the N/A cars on the track.

A stock Paxton on a Gen III is a beautiful thing. Relatively inexpensive, dependable, and super fun to drive. It is when people modify it to increase the power even more that most of the problems show up.

FRChilln

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have similar taste in cars. I loved my Lotus with a BWR Supercharger but it was just too damn tiny. The Z06 was great car but lost the
exclusiveness of the Lotus. Put those two cars together and you end up with the Viper. Can't go wrong...

Only picture I have of the SRT8. I thought I was a gangster back then so don't flame me too hard...

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fr, we have very similar taste i see lol!

ohlarkid, the factory toyota 1.8 motor is pretty weak in comparison, with an ok aftermarket support. it just made more sense to throw in a powerplant that can support 600+hp in stock trim (crazy for a 4cyl right lol) with a better trans that doesnt shred itself during track use. initially i planned on keeping the car and was contemplating a built 2.4 with a compund setup (c38 rotrex, gt35r with billet wheel etc.) but saving money for a business and having a "factory fast" sports car that still retains its rawness and feel is much more appealing than having a lotus and a nissan with 75k in it. the sad thing...if i saved all my money from my z, i couldve had a used gallardo lol

OP
OP
S

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put a down payment on a 2004 srt10, red, 14k miles, belanger headers and exhaust. seller is cool enough to hold it for me while one of my cars gets sold

FRChilln

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet can't wait to see what you do with it. Can't stay stock for long...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper