server problems ?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone noticed how slow things are around here lately?
sometimes I cant gain access, even at quite times when the US is asleep...

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another local VCA member and myself commented on this a couple of days ago. It seems early morning, 5am EST-10AM is the worst. Don't know what the problem is, but we time out commonly.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either that or the backups run until 7a EST everyday... or just over. I bet daylight savings time screwed up the schedule. c'mon Tony! move that backups back earlier!

JD

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its been playing up for a couple of months now, before the clocks were changed

Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone to buy my spare boost gauge...then I'll have time to sort stuff out here!! :) !!! LOL!!!

JUST kidding!! Seriously, there is drive work in progress. I have noticed slight improvements at certain times....but there are still some dead spots. :( Sorry for the frustraton!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still chasing the problem. The drives are all fixed, that seemed to take care of the "overall slowness", but there are still spans of time things seem to bog down. I was reading and posting at about 8 PM CST, server was very slow, but not aweful..reading and posting now (10PM)... things are much faster. One thing I noted at about eight we had over 100 users loggged in, now about 35.... that really should not make a difference, but that is all I see from the outside. I'll have the ISP look at the logs from this time frame tomorrow to see what they notice. Previously, the logs showed extremely heavy CPU loading when things slowed down. After the drives were replaced, the CPU usage went back to normal.

Now it seems to be primarily the programs using the SQL database (forums, galleries, and to a lesser extent the marketplace). When the drive had died, all areas of the site were slow... this is no longer the case.

Thanks for your patience.