She's Back!!

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She\'s Back!!

Well after 2 long months, my 97 GTS is back in action. Here is the before picture. Looks great, really shines and it is nice to have a perfect front facia (at least for a little while!) The month wait before applying Zaino is killing me.
Here are the major items:
New hood: 14110
Front Facia 1820
Two headlights 1218
Radiator support 487
4 new Tires 1800
Labor 6138
Refinish all 4 wheels 1170

Total repair cost 29,707$!

The car looks better than new as I also had then sand and repaint the drivers door to remove the factory orange peel. Thanks to Utopia Auto Body for the great work. Thanks to State Farm for being so helpful and replacing all 4 tires (my cost 100$) after a small battle. Thanks to Jon B for offering a 99 takeoff hood when we had trouble finding a new one.

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: She\'s Back!!

Glad to hear she is back Jeff. From the pic the damage doesn't seem to be much, must be drivable in my judgement. Is this normal for the cost of repair or did you insist on getting more detailed work and upgrades?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NICE......now lets go race!!
smile.gif

OP
OP
J

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car was perfectly drivable after the accident. This seems like a standard repair. The shop insisted on a new hood as the would not give their standard lifetime warranty if they had to repair the hood. The shop wanted to replace the two front wheels but insurance co suggested refinishing all 4. I had to fight for the 4 tires as they wanted to replace only the front 2 with Sports and leave the rears with MXX3's.

PS Thanks to SmokinV10 (RIP
redface.gif
) for the recommending Utopia.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456