Shifter

Reaction score
Rich here in NJ. Have 06 coupe. Need a little advice about the shifter. I like the stock shifter except I am tired of fighting with 3rd and fourth. Just want to have more spring tension going into 3rd and 4th. I don't want a short shifter or taller shifter just want to make it easier to pull 3 and 4 when in a hurry. What shifter out there will do that and just keep everything else the same. Have R/T cats corsa track 170 thermo and 3.55 gears with DC pcm. By the way the 355 didn't do it for cruising still can't use 6th at 75. Should have gone 373 or whatever. The DC PCM also made the engine buck and serge in traffic and generally run rougher. Is there directions for putting the shifter in on line somewhere for the 06. Thanks a lot Rich

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

I would recommend that you look at our blueprinted shifter made by Hurst for Mopar as you can install any height shifter handle/knob you like on it. We also have posted directions on our web site that link to the B & M shifter that shows you how to install the shifter. I would not recommend buying the B & M as I do not believe it is what you are looking for in your application. The shifter can also be installed from under the car a lot quicker than the way they show in the directions. I can walk you through that process on the phone anytime you like.

Robbie
AtRo Racing Products
VCA Sponsor

http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this shifter from Robbie--excellent set up. Made a big difference. You really need a lift to install from underneath, so I installed from top.

I have the 2006 coupe and the 3.55's with corsa track and Dc comp. I love the gear. Really made a difference in gears 2-6. 6th pulls pretty good for me.

I am not experiencing the buck and surging with dc comp-just the reverse for me. Really made engine run smoother. Have you talked with Dan about it.

The MGW first strike knob with stock shifter does good but not as good as hurst for me.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiss, Thank you for the nice writeup. To All Guy, give me a call to discuss your ECM upgrade problem and I will go over it with you.

Thanks again Hiss.

Robbie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960