Short Shifter Adapter Install Writeup

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed a shorter shifter shaft thanks to Rich Detert's Shifter Shaft :2tu:

I also installed an 01 Shifter.

I found that none of the writeups online are geared towards the 96+ models or are very detailed. Most of the process is in the "no brainer" category, but I still was second guessing myself sometimes. If anyone wants me to do an illustrated writeup I would be happy to. I took tons of pictures and can do each and every little lame step.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respectfully request that you do this write-up. One can never have too much information or details about something one has NO experience with, especially when it involves Vipers! :D Thanks.

So how long does this take? Goodness, I been waiting a couple of minutes already. Heh-heh.

Sorry, it's just that I'm an infoho. *chuckle*

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BEFORE:

AFTER:

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CROM - Yes, please on the info/pics. I will be installing mine shortly. Thanx in advance. :2tu:

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you'll write it up and send it to Tony, he'll get it installed in the Illustrated Instructions for all to Enjoy. I did an install on mine of a similar item from American Dream Motorsports, and have the pictures somewhere. I can find them and you can use them if you like for your write-up. Since ADM is just up the raod from me, I had them make me three different lengths, I ran the car for a while on each one untill I found the one I like the most. The shortest one was to short for my liking. I really like the solid feel W/O the rubber isolator of the stock setup.

Most of the install is similar to installing the B&M shifter that is in the illustrated instructions... 'cept instead of installing the B&M shifter, you unthread the vertical "bar" from the shifter and thread in the new unit. Most of the work is getting the interior bits and the boot out of the way.

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll write it up in the next day or so. I have tons of pictures so I should be ok Jay. I am assuming I should write it up in HTML for Tony to post?

OP
OP
C

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, its the only way I could get the shaft off. You "may" be able to get a wrench on it, but it would be almost impossible.

I will show that in my writeup. A 19mm Crows Foot is a must.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you removed it and installed the short shifter, is there a way to have something there for heat insulation?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte