Should A-arm bushings go out this fast?

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hearing a faint suspension noise when accelerating from a stop so I decided to check it out. This is the condition of my isolator a-arm bushings. they are chewed to crap. The car is a 2001 with only 15K miles on it. Any of you guys have this happen to you?

suspension2.jpg

suspension1.jpg

I guess my biggest question is whether someone is offering any replacement bushings that would be better than stock, or is replacing them with OEM the way to go?

This is very disappointing to have to deal with stuff like this on a $50K+ car.

Now the question is whether I replace the stock springs with Eibachs since i'll have them out anyway. :headbang:

drviperdds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, both my 2000 & 2001 GTS have the same problem, I think it'll be a bit hard to change out!

Pressured

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if this doesn't happen BECUASE of the low miles. If you are going to have them replaced, I would replace them with a poly bushing. Will last much longer and don't deflect as much.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
After watching a close friend struggle with this on his 01(admittedly a street car AND track car)...watching a local shop install the delrin bushings...and watching them wear out with what I would consider less than moderate usage...

THE SOLUTION...send the A-arms "up NORTH" to Archer Racing and get a VERY WELL thought out (and track proven), custom fit set of bushings (with a grease fitting), that are really quite cost effective (with a surprisingly fast turn around time) !!

In MY opinion, it is very hard for most of us (read that impossible)to out-do the PRO SHOP !!

OP
OP
K

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may just have to break down and go with a racing setup like you recommend. I do track my car and don't want this to be a constant point of concern when i'm on the track.

SammyV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo Steve, Archer charged me $780.00 for the rears only. John said about 8 hours labor $85.00 per hr. plus aronud $100.00 materials plus shipping. I used second day air and had them back in eight days(weekend included).One note my a-arms had no bushings in them when I sent them to Archer. It may cost a bit more to cut and press the old bushings from the a-arms. Russ did the work and what a great job he did. I spoke to him maybe three time by phone throughout the process. I can not wait to try them out on the track. It will require you to make a drawing of the a-arm mounts with measurements of the distances between the mounting prongs and distance between each pair of prongs. Each bushing has to be custom fit for each mount(they are not all the same). Good luck! SammyV

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And do springs, especially if youare going to be seeing any track time. Get the shocks (suspension) adjusted for your racing application too.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
THANKS, Sammy !!! By the way, I've been home ALL DAY shoveling snow instead of working on cars or B.S.-ing at the coffee shop!

SammyV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck 98 RT/10, The work Archer did for me included grease bushings. A steel sleeve was pressed into each a-arm,then a delron bushing pressed into that,then a smaller steel sleeve slip fit into the delron bushing and a grease fitting installed for each bushing. SammyV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32