Should I Complain?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got tires and they seem fine. I ordered the Michelin PS 2s but seem to have gotten regular Pilot Sports.

Two questions:

(1) For those with PS2's, are the PS2's labeled on the sidewall with a 2 or a II? Mine has just "Pilot Sport"

(2) For those who've had both, are PS2's noticeably better than PS's?

If the place I bought them from is running out old inventory without telling customers, that's a bad thing. If there's no appreciable difference I'll let it slide. My receipt says PS2, and the tires seem like PS's.

Should I complain? (about the tires that is....)

:dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just got tires and they seem fine. I ordered the Michelin PS 2s but seem to have gotten regular Pilot Sports.Two questions:

(1) For those with PS2's, are the PS2's labeled on the sidewall with a 2 or a II? Mine has just "Pilot Sport"
(2) For those who've had both, are PS2's noticeably better than PS's?

If the place I bought them from is running out old inventory without telling customers, that's a bad thing. If there's no appreciable difference I'll let it slide. My receipt says PS2, and the tires seem like PS's.Should I complain? (about the tires that is....)

You must be registered for see images

1) PS2 not labelled as such. Tread is Assymetrical and YEARS newer. Ask a trusted vendor?
2) PS2s are DRAMATICALY better handling....numerous ++ feedback. SEARCH.

I pasted in a PS2 picture: Note the beefier outer shoulder and hard centerline = PS-2

Surreptitiously, Sneakily Substituting Sports vs PS2 on purpose would be deceitful & unethical.

I have two questions myself:
1) Did you get them from a reputable, VCA-sponsoring vendor?
2) If this vendor made an honest mistake, how did they handle it?

This sure makes a case to 'know and trust the vendor'....if you dont know the product! Mistakes happen.....but so do crimes......plz answer my questions?

Last edited:

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not trying to hyjack the thread but....while at one of the Viper Days events this season, I asked one of the Archer guys about PS vs PS2 and he told me not to buy the PS2's because they were having problems with the softer side tread "chunking out". Anyone know anything about this?

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not trying to hyjack the thread but....while at one of the Viper Days events this season, I asked one of the Archer guys about PS vs PS2 and he told me not to buy the PS2's because they were having problems with the softer side tread "chunking out". Anyone know anything about this?

Maybe on extended track sessions but they should be fine for street/light track duty. I have a few friends running them (not on Vipers) and they LOVE them. They will probably go on my GTS when it's tire time.

Rob

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the side by sdie pix Ken, I thought the "new" ones were PSs, and they are.

Called the guys last night (reputable national chain) and they were apologetic and acknowledged a goof up.:confused:

The REAL PS2s will go on this afternoon. :usa:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not meant to jack this thread either, but are the PS2's also available in 205/45 by 16 inch? The rears on my car are at the end of their life so I need a new set along with assymetrical a-arm mounting rubbers (due to a 60/40 lowering).

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agree with all--got my PS2s from JonB and the handling is far superior. I love them! I would never go back to the regular PS. I'm not sure if the PS2s will last as long with them being softer, but the improvement in driveability is worth it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not meant to jack this thread either, but are the PS2's also available in 205/45 by 16 inch? The rears on my car are at the end of their life so I need a new set along with assymetrical a-arm mounting rubbers (due to a 60/40 lowering).

Here's the only Michelin TireRack lists in that size:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=7

They do make a Kumho V700 in that size though:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=20

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960